“Great tapas and great decor”
Review of Azucar

Azucar
Ranked #534 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Used my groupon voucher and we had 6 dishes. The food was excellent and I would highly recommend the Azucar Bar. We also had a jug of sangria which was lovely. Service was excellent.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

very disapointed with our experience at Azucar. went for a family meal with a Groupon Voucher as did most of the other diners in the restaurant. The Service was ok ish for taking the drinks and food orders but then it went down hill. waiting nearly 15 mins for drinks and just short of 1 hour for the food. When the food came it was not very nice average at best and one of the dishes was incorrect.
When we ordered a 2nd round of drinks we asked for 1 glass of red wine and they brought a bottle!!!! and finally when the bill came they tried to charge us for 4 glasses of wine when in fact we had only had 3. This was pointed out to them and the waitress got quite uppity about it. Bang went the tip at that point.
Later that night my wife, my youngest daughter and myself had upset stomachs - coincidence I think not.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I live nearby and have been aware this place has changed hands more times than I've had hot dinners but thought I'd give it a go anyway. Went on a Wednesday night and turned out to be a total waste of (a lot of) money. Overpriced and quality of food far below average. Me and my boyfriend were really ill afterwards with poorly stomachs which was obviously caused by the food we ate there. You can see into the kitchen when on the way to the loo and I regret looking...very unclean and generally a mess. A lot of what we wanted wasn't in stock and the dishes came at different times. Food was cold even though there were only 3 parties in the whole restaurant at the time so no excuse of 'being really busy' for the lack of effort/quality. Really disappointed.

Would recommend if you are just going for a drink (although I'd check your glass is clean first) but definitely would not recommend anyone to go and eat there.

Also, it's not owned by Howard Marks. They have just bizarrely dedicated it to him which is probably the only reason it is still getting customers through the door. I did see him in there once years ago having a drink though.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Visited Azucar with a Groupon Voucher. Didn't think 6 tapas dishes would be enough we were do wrong, the food was delicious great varity to choose from and the staff were very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. Would definitely go back again without a Voucher as the atmosphere was lovely.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Visited Azucar Bar on Saturday afternoon for the first time in a while due to moving away from Leeds - im glad to see they have brought the old menu back - so much better! The place hasnt changed much decor wise over the years so if im honest it could do with a lick of paint to freshen it up.

On the plus side though the food is always great and portion sizes are perfect for a group of friends to share a variety of dishes.Service was friendly and efficient.

Azucar would always be one of my first choices for a Saturday afternoon catch up with friends or the start of a night out over yummy food, great atmosphere and good wine!