Thai Erawan
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Although a small establishment it's quite intimate and does have a bit of atmosphere but the food is what you mainly visit a restaurant for and we were not let down, the staff were knowledgable and very friendly. I chose something that I have not tried before in a Thai restaurant or in Thailand which was a mushroom starter in a yellow curry with a peanut sauce, mushrooms could have been a bit warmer but the flavour was really nice, my friend had weeping tiger rare and she thoroughly enjoyed it and it was cooked perfectly, my choice was a prawn in a spicy clear sauce which was spicy and delicate I really enjoyed the flavours and that they did not just go with the most popular dishes most Thai restaurants go for will definitely return and try a few more dishes.

2  Thank AnjunaLeeds

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The food was great and was well priced. The staff were friendly and polite however the service was very slow and I found this surprising considering there were only 4 other diners in the place.
There isn't any atmosphere due to the lack of customers, there is music playing but its very quiet. My partner and I felt like we had to whisper to one another.
I would go back again because the food is very good.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Booked a table for 7.30pm on a friday night for my wife birthday. Restaurant was almost empty so lacked a little atmosphere. Ordered drinks and had to change glass as it tasted of detergent which they did no problem.

Then we ordered our starters and mains, I chose the Steamed Oysters and Weeping Tiger Steak done rare.When the starter arrived the waitress politely said 'here are your scallops, sir.'. I looked confused asked for a menu and pointed out that I had ordered oysters, a quick check in the kitchen and I was told, yes, that is scallops. They tasted lovely anyway so I moved on bemused. The steak was also tasty but was so thin it would have been impossible to cook it rare and I wondered why they bothered asking me.

A little pricey for my experience and I will probably not visit again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have had several meals here of late and all have been delivered with the highest of quality with some great suggestions on food choices coming from the staff. The menu is varied something for everyone, the food is presented well and cooked to perfection and the staff are brilliant. I also find the prices very reasonable too.

Give a visit you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant a few times and it is the only place I've had Thai food that tastes like it does in Thailand! Pick anything on the menu and you will enjoy it.. the flavours are delicious, the staff are very friendly and it's a nice atmosphere, combined with the reasonable prices you can't go wrong!