“Amazing, amazing, amazing!”
Review of Gaucho Leeds

Gaucho Leeds
Ranked #35 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Amazing, amazing, amazing!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I went to Gaucho's on Saturday 29th March 2013 with my Boyfriend. I rang from the train on our way into Leeds and the staff member on the phone was only too happy to accommodate my reservation on such short notice.
When we arrived at Gaucho's Restaurant we were greeted at the door by two very lovely ladies, who offered to take us straight to our table, however we decided to have a drink in the bar area first, nothing seemed too much trouble. I ordered a Chichibirra Cocktail and I would strongly recommend it to any lady who likes white wine. The atmosphere was perfect, the bar area was full and lively, and everyone definately looked to be having a great time.
At our table when the food arrived unfortunately my steak was a little too under cooked for my liking, I had ordered it medium rare but it was more rare than I could manage. I didn't want to complaint but how can any business improve without feedback. The waitress insisted that I have another steak cooked immediately. Iit took no time at all for another steak to arrive which was delivered by the Head Chef, he was very appologetic and I'm glad my steak did go back as the new steak was just perfect and I enjoyed it so much more.
The restaurant manager came over to our table to make sure we were enjoying our evening, which impressed us that they cared, I had felt aukward complaining but the politness and friendliness of the staff made our evening.
I would strongly recommend Gaucho's it is one of the best restaurants I have been to in Leeds by far, the food is fantastic, the staff cannot do enough for you and the cocktails are delicious.

leeds
“Great service, delicious food”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We were made to feel very special from the moment we arrived. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Water glasses filled regularly without being asked. The starters were exciting and every mouthful was exquisite. I shared a 500g rib eye with another guest and that was perfectly cooked and extremely tasty. The Chimichurra sauce is amazing on everything, the cheesy bread....the steak..
My son had the whiskey ice cream - which he said was stunning.
Brilliant, a real treat!

Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal and great service.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Table of eight on a recent work related night out. We all had steaks, various sides and sauces and found the quality and quantity to be extremely good.
I'm not a huge fan of steak but I have to admit the meat was beautifully tender and well cooked.
My only negative comment is I don't like food served on wooden boards...not a hygiene issue purely a properly heated plate keeps your food warm as you chat as well as making rare meat more enjoyable.
Would definitely go again and I'll look for this brand whilst staying elsewhere.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Steak pricey wine”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Gaucho is quite an expensive restaurant when compared to others in the same area in Leeds city center. However, the steaks are the best in Leeds without doubt. The staff are very professional and efficient and they even gave me a free cocktail as it was my birthday. Everyone had steak of various types and all were terrific. The only reason we will be back as frequently as we would like is the price of the wine is a bit rich for our budget. Cheapest win is £29.95 and next cheapest red is £36 which is quite a jump. Ended up paying £45 for a nice Malbec was a teat because of the celebration. Starters also look quite expensive so we did not bother.

Mexborough, United Kingdom
“Could have been better, but not much”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Called for my second visit here on Saturday night. I was with a party of 10 and had the luxury of a private dining room, excellent. The waitress who told me had been with the compay ony 4/5months was brilliant (sorry I forgot the young ladies name) Usual choice of meats etc with an explanation, very helpful with the wines, the food was brought at a nice pace with just enough space between courses. Pricey but good food and service doesn't come cheap. I can't understand reviewers that moan on about the price. The price is alongside each dish if you don't like it, or cant afford to eat there, then make your apologies an go across the road to any one of a dozen other restaurants in the area. I often wonder when reading comments like (Leeds 101), were they in another restaurant. My 2 visits were 1 year apart, had I been writing a review then it would have been similar to this one I gave the food 4, I would have liked to give it 4.5 as an average for my table. I've had a better steak at the Cowshead, Wakefield but we split hairs.