“a birthday to remember”

Ranked #211 of 1,932 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Excellent food, excellent service from all staff especially Daniel, he couldn't do enough for us, can't wait to go back

Write a ReviewReviews (2,872)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

here on Saturday night celebrating a hen do! great atmosphere & good service but overpriced for the standard of food - 3.75 for the selection of breads (4 pieces of bread & oil & balsamic). broad bean bruschetta was lovely & sausage pappardelle was tasty, & portions generous, however we were disappointed at being charged 7.50 each for a 'special drink' which was in fact brandy & orange juice, meaning it was more expensive than any of the cocktails on the menu. we had a great time & the building & atmosphere are fab but food didn't live up to my expectations!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My hubby and I had an early dinner here on Saturday afternoon before an event at the arena. I had booked in advance the 3 courses and glass of prosecco for 29.95 special menu. The staff were very welcoming and helpful on arrival. I was a little disappointed at the canteen-y feel, considering the pricetag, and how close the tables were together - particularly as this was our wedding anniversary meal and I felt we were sharing it with the family on the table next door. The menu was a little confusing to fathom without an explanation but when the food did arrive it was delivered with full explanation and was all delicious. The quirky plank on two tins was a quaint idea which worked well. Our mains were also delicious (although ill never understand chips being a side to a pasta dish!) and cooked to perfection. My hubbys prawn linguini was heavy on the chilli so be warned if you like your food a little less fire-y. Dessert was delicious although as there were only 4 choices of dessert on the special menu and one of them (Tiramisu) had run out already and it was only 4pm in the afternoon! I did ask if there was something else instead as there are other desserts on their other menus but I was told not which is odd. We did enjoy our dining experience but I wouldn't rush back nor recommend it when there are so many other excellent eateries in Leeds to try.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The rustic surroundings of this Jamie's Italian branch is typically Jamie Oliver. 'Thrown together' in perfect harmony, the raw metal and warm wood set the scene for a meal that could be both casual or for a special occasion.

We went for lunch, I chose the sausage pasta, which was delicious. Better still they served half portions, which was perfect for not being too full to shop! May I suggest the 'world's best olives'. It's not a lie... ever since I've tried to track down these green gems, but have failed to find any that even come close to comparing with these olives.

An espresso martini finished the meal perfectly. Reasonably priced and knowledgable, friendly service. You couldn't ask for more on a Saturday afternoon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Think this place is definitely helped by its association to Mr Oliver.
Attended there busy Saturday night celebrating a friend’s birthday. Been before and was ok.
Met in bar area of this lovely building, staff friendly and attentive so far so good.
Sat upstairs again lovely setting full of atmosphere.
However the food was deemed adequate if not inspiring from most of the party apart from the vegetation option which was a type of pumpkin pasta. This was the smallest amount of food ever to be given the name "main course". It was joked that it could have been served on a small ashtray. It was also bland.
The fact that the 3 veggies in our party decided to go for something to eat after dining here gives you an idea of portion control.
This place must try harder because reputations only last for so long.