“Absolutely terrible”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #201 of 1,805 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
“Absolutely terrible”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Terribly bland food. I ordered a pasta which tasted of nothing. Went with a group of friends who's food was equally bland or worse than mine.

Not worth the money. I will never return.

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wallsend, United Kingdom
“very dissapointing”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

for a birthday treat, my daughters took me to this restaurant, i feel they wasted their money. we have visited various jamies across the country and have always been impressed with high standard of both food and staff, but here only the food remained the same. my daughters had booked online and stated it was for my birthday. on arrival shown to table by manager with no interaction except "this is your table", waiter was no better we had to ask what the specials were. had to wait a time for drinks, food was just put down in front of you with no "enjoy your meal" in fact there was no interaction as there is in other jamies restaurants. staff all seemed very glum. only saving grace was the food was delicous. ALL staff here need reminded of customer care

• Visited July 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have dined in Jamie's Italian on several occasions but my last visit was one of the best yet. Unlike so many places now the callibre of staff is extremely high. Everyone we dealt with from the greeter at the door to the waiting staff were attentive, knowledgable and polite. The menu has changed a bit (I always enjoyed doing an Italian tapas here with lots of the small dishes but most of these dont feature on the new menu) however I could not fault the food we had: perfectly cooked mussels in a delicate chilli and tomato sauce; and the most incredible main of pasta with asparagus, beans and peas .... worth going for that dish alone! A good selection of wine, very good value for money and a really buzzy atmosphere - will definatley be back!

• Visited July 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“great night yet again”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I visited jamies italian in leeds on saturday 29th june with a friend for her birthday.I booked online through a booking website a few weeks earlier and mentioned id like to be seated somewhere nice as it was a special occasion and on arrival the lovely girl on the door said she had us a special table as it was for a special birthday which I thought was lovely and we were seated upstairs on a lovely table.We shared 4 starters then we had a main each with two shared sides, a bottle of jamies italian prossecco,a bottle of water for the table, a coffee each after plus a dissaronno each and the total bill was £87 which I thought was great considering the delicious food, great atmosphere, surroundings and attentive waiter.cant wait to go back, I really dont get the negative reviews at all but I guess we all have different tastes dont we?.my only few gripes would be that we had quite a wait for our table on arrival and service was quite slow but we were in no rush and we were enjoying ourselves and although we did have a wait for food and our table I have to say the staff were all working very hard and it certainly wasnt due to lazyness on their part and the food was well worth the wait.we arrived at 8 and left at 11.15 so were there a while enjoying ourselves and bought some lovely merchandise on the way out too.great night!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mrsclark264
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Very Dissapointing”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having high expectations before we booked jamies for the evening, we were deeply dissapointed. The quality of food was terrible, no flavour.. almost tasted similar to a microwave meal! Would not go back, nor recommend.

Visited January 2013