“Valentine's day dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tong Palace - CLOSED

Tong Palace
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Quarry Hill
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Valentine's day dinner”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We haven’t been to Tong Palace for a while, but decided to have our Valentine’s day dinner there.

We didn’t book a table but when we arrived around 8:30pm, we were seated immediately as the place was half full, but was fill up quickly around 9ish

The price of the food was reasonable, We ordered seafood special set menu. It included two king scallops, stir fried crab, steamed sea bass, seasonable vegetable, and Singapore vermicelli (It should have been boiled rice, but I didn’t like rice so I asked if we could pay extra for the noodle instead. The waitress wasn’t sure so BF said we just order another potion of noodle with our set menu, but the waitress came back a few minutes later said that they would swap the rice to noodle free of charge as it is Valentine’s day. That was very nice of them!)

The food tasted really good and very fresh. I would like to order the crab dish if I go there again next time. I don’t know how to cook crab myself, but the way they cooked was quite simple but delicious, only when eating it, it was a little embarrassing. The crab was chopped to pieces but still with shell that means we had to hold it with hands, it was a little messy, but taste really nice. The waiter saw it and he brought some wet paper towels for us.

The drink price was quite cheap, two Chinese beers and a glass of OJ only came to £5.40

We have a wonderful night and would like to recommend this restaurant highly.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CindyJLiu

Leeds,UK
“Best place for dim sum in Leeds”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Having tried dim sum in all the other places in Leeds, this is my favourite. Although the standard isn't as good as Manchester Chinatown, it is the best locally. Service is quick and efficient and a wider choice than other places. Recommended dish: cuttlefish cakes - nice, succulent and a texture that can only be described as bouncy!!

• Visited January 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely food- excellent value”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We decided to visit this restaurant one Sunday early evening after a trip to the cinema and we were not disappointed. When we fist arrived, the restaurant was not very busy, only a couple of tables taken, but we sat down, ordered drinks and then opted for the set meal. Only moments later, a coach arrived and the restaurant suddenly became quite busy. Predominately chinese people eating in the restaurant convinced me that the food was going to be good and I was not disappointed. Even though a coach full of people had arrived, the staff were still attentive, the food was good and plenty of it. One suggestion I have, although not a criticism, is that I would have liked the food to be placed on warmers/hotplates, as it was so nice, I would have liked to have taken more time over the meal, but I didn't want it to go cold so I tended to rush a little bit. I will definitely visit here again and would recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
Leeds
“Not the best”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I had sweet and sour chicken and have had way better elsewhere. Nice atmosphere but the waiters didn't attend to the two of us who were English letting our chinese friends do the ordering. I would rather go to Maxi's chinese restaurant :)

2 Thank BVBOutlaw
“One visit is enough”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Feeling peckish I decided to have the lunch menu advertised in the window. When at my table the a la carte menu was offered, but I needed to ask for the lunch menu. The starter and main chosen was found to be bland, tasteless with very poor presentation. Tap water is not supplied in the restaurant.

2 Thank Fueng2768