“Pure awesome”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sweet Basil is now no longer trading
Reviewed April 9, 2013

An absolutely fantastic restaurant, lovely food and great service. Have been twice now and still impressed on all accounts.

1  Thank Stef B
There are newer reviews for Sweet Basil Chinese & Thai Restaurant

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Looking on Trip advisor for a different Chinese restaurant than G-Wu I came across this place, I remember going about 10 years ago when it was called Fortune River, when we first walked in we were greeted by a very friendly waitress.

My friend and I shared a quarter duck with pan cakes and that was really nice, they had an offer on that if you spent over £25 you got a choice of 2 dishes for only £1.

I ordered Beef in OK sauce and my friend ordered a Green Curry, both were fantastic. For the dish for £1 we got Chicken in Schezwan sauce, now I don’t normally like Schezwan sauce but this was FANTASTIC, this has to be my new favourite Chinese restaurant, couldn't fault anything.

Great food, great atmosphere and really nice staff!!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went on spec for a quick supper with a friend. Small place but easy to park outside. Fitted us in and the service was a delight. It soon filled up. We had the usual prawn toast and crispy won tun - loevly and just right. Followed by A Beef kung po and a chicken chow mein. Good portion so no need for rice or the special offer of some Peking Duck. 2 pots of jasmine tea all less than £30 for 2.
Will defo be popping in again,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been to Sweet Basil three times now and the food and service have been excellent on every occasion.

At the weekend I visited with family for mother's day. They had a 'mum's eat free' offer on which was unexpected and a nice touch.

The portion sizes are large, the service prompt and welcoming, and the atmosphere ideal for those who like to have a good chat while they eat.

I will certainly be returning, and would recommend Sweet Basil to anyone who enjoys oriental cuisine.

1  Thank Getozachoppa
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a friend's birthday but the next time I fancy Chinese/Thai I'll make the effort to drive across Leeds - especially loved the spicy prawn crackers :)