“A great visit to our new local Italian”
Review of Divino

Divino
Ranked #84 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went to Divinos last night for dinner with my husband and my parents and was really impressed.

Really good. When the waiter found out we had recently moved to Adel and were out celebrating he sent us over some garlic bread on the house, which was a really kind touch. In general the service from all the staff was top-notch; it felt professional but also friendly and attentive in a way you don't find in some other restaurants.

The food was delicious. I had the veal saltimbocca which was really nicely cooked. The sauted potatoes were also amazing! My Mum had pasta with salmon and prawns in a creamy sauce and after trying some I can say it was very, very nice. The portions are also generous without being intimidating. My only regret is that I didn't have room for pudding. Maybe next time!

I thought for the quality/quantity of the food and the decent wine on offer the price was good value for the four of us to eat out.

Overall we had a great evening and now that we live nearby will definitely be returning!

Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your 5 star review. Thankyou for taking the time to write such a detailed and wonderful review of your first, but definitely not your last, visit to Divino restaurant in Adel. It is always a pleasure for me to read such a detailed review that covers all the main ingredients that make a restaurant..GREAT! It is definitely our gain that you have moved to our gorgeous suburb and that now we are one of you favourite restaurants to dine at. To be able to have a stroll on a warm spring evening and enjoy such delicious food is a good enough reason on its own to move to Adel. You have so many amazing culinary experiences ahead of. With a large selection of dishes to choose from on our Ala Carte & Special menu and not to mention our tremendous value for money early bird deals. Any pizza/pasta for only £6.95, that's cheaper than some takeaways! Or, our Early Bird menu at only £11.95 for two full sized courses and a glass of wine! It will be a pleasure to see you all again and thank you once more for your first five star review..:) The team at Divino.

There are newer reviews for Divino

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to celebrate daughter's birthday. Staff, decor, menu and food were all first class. Four of us, three courses with wine all for £130. Do not miss the tiramisu. Best one I've ever had.

Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your 5 star review. Best Italian for miles...and miles...and miles...wasnt that part of a song? lol. Wow, your daughter's birthday...what an important day that is! You get the wrong choice of restaurant on that day and it will all end in tears! I am pleased to say, that because you made the right choice, their were no tears. We love nothing more than to be the chosen destination for such an important family celebration. There's one thing i am sure your daughter wants you to know...when it''s time for your birthday...and you book into Divino...don't forget to invite her to your party...as she invited you to hers! Very pleased to read how much you all enjoyed the food, the restaurant and the service and for pointing out to everyone what amazing value we are for the quality of food you receive. NO city centre rip off prices here, just the best food, served by Leeds's best waiters, at the best price. Thanks again for your 5 star review and we look forward to the very next birthday, when we will see you all again. The team at Divino.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We ate at Divinos for our tea today. We were in a rush and could only afford enough time to eat one course and then we had to leave.

All the food was well presented. The staff are courteous and helpful and pleasant. They are especially nice to children.

Like I said in my other review of this place - they are as good as the city centre restaurants any day of the week

Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thanks for your 5 star review. As a Top Contributor here on Tripadvisor i can see you have visited many restaurants and therefore you know when one particular shines out from the crowd. I know we are one of your favourite places to eat and me and my team are delighted to have you and your family as regular customers. As a family run restaurant, we know how to make sure everyone from the youngest to the oldest enjoy their time with us. A visit to Divino means you can relax and let someone else do the cooking and...the washing up! Its a shame that night you were in a rush and therefore weren't bale to enjoy a lovely relaxing meal stretching over 3 or 4 courses. I know it will not be long before we are welcoming you back again where, hopefully, you will have enough time. I am very grateful for your words regarding us and City centre restaurants. We are the perfect alternative, when you just want to have a more stress free evening. No parking meters, no crowds to fight your way through. With summer fast approaching, we are the perfect place to come and eat and we have a large FREE car park as well! Thanks again for the 5 stars and we all look forward to seeing you again very soon. The team at Divino.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Valentines day meal surprised by my boyfriend. Usually i am apprehensive about having a meal out on valentines day as it is normally disappointing and rushed however couldn't have been a better atmosphere, tastier food and fabulous friendly service. Prosseco was lovely and cold and the set menu offered a great selection. would definitely recommend to anyone.

Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your 5 star review. Another very happy Valentine diner. You are so right about the fact that a Valentines visit to some restaurants can be very disappointing. It is one of our industries busiest nights and it takes a team of professionals to make sure no one feels rushed, and for the service and food not to suffer. We are experts at making sure this night will be remembered by our valued guests for many months to come. A visit to us on Valentines will leave you with one conclusion...there is no need to worry about your next Valentines meal...Divino is the best place! Don't leave it too late to book, everyone wants to come to us but we can only seat so many..:) So happy that you loved the food and the Prosseco and that my team made your whole night special. We hope we don't have to wait 12 months until we see you both again, we are open every evening seven days a week! Thanks again for your 5 stars. The team at Divino.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I visited Divinos for the first time on Valentines day with my partner. We ordered off the set menu and I was pleasantly surprised! The food was yummy, very reasonably priced and the service was excellent with friendly staff. Couldn't have been happier as I did't know what to expect, definitely going on the list of best restaurants in Leeds!

Willmott22, Owner at Divino, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your 5 star review. That is a list we are very proud to be on! Valentine is one of those magical nights during the year where the chosen restaurant plays a HUGE part. It seems it was the first time you have visited us and therefore it was even more important that everything was just right to make that special night that little but more special. I a very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your food. My team of talented chefs work tirelessly all day to create the gorgeous meals that make up our menu, from the worlds best ingredients. Even on Valentines night, we are still great value for money, as you have found, and now when you next visit you will find our value even more amazing especially if you take advantage of our Early Bird menu. Two full sized courses and a glass of wine for only £11.95! We look forward to seeing you all again, when we will thrill you once more with our culinary expertise and warm welcome. Hope to see you again very soon and thanks once more for the 5 stars. The team at Divino.