Tripadvisor
Leeds
Post
Inbox
Search

“First and last time.... ever!”

Nando's Leeds - Thorpe Park
Ranked #1,601 of 2,566 Restaurants in Leeds
Description: PERi-PERi & Chicken You can't have one without the other Nando's combines the universal comfort food of chicken with our legendary PERi-PERi marinade, resulting in a taste to fire the senses and feed the soul Nando's is an inclusive brand where there is something for everyone and we don't take ourselves too seriously Whether you want to come and kick back with friends in one of our restaurants, make your own PERi-PERi goodness with our grocery products at home, or order a takeaway, we've got you covered...
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’ve always felt that people only leave reviews if they have received exceptional customer service... or outrageously poor service. Otherwise they just don’t bother. I personally have only ever left reviews when I’ve received exceptional customer service. I’ve never felt the need to leave a poor review instead opting to never visit that establishment again.
That changed tonight because the experience was that bad.
Going out for a bite to eat should always be a treat! The very moment we stepped into Nando’s I felt we weren’t in for a treat. Greeted by a female member of staff as we walked in who seemed to grimace at the thought of having to serve a customer. We were seated, but pretty much ignored. It was our first visit to Nando’s and we had to figure out for ourselves that infact you pretty much have to do everything for yourself. We went to order and pay for our food, another young female member of staff who had zero enthusiasm and gave the impression we were ruining her evening by been there to eat.
The food arrived, fair thrown down in front of us. “Ya cutlery is over there!” and off she went to lean at the till and go on her mobile phone. On one of the tables were two young female customers who I would guess either used to work there or did still work there because most of the staff were preoccupied with ensuring they were treated like royalty whilst every other customer in Nando’s were ignored and overlooked.
We asked what tonight frozen yoghurt flavour was and the girl we asked rolled her eyes and said “I will have to go look”.
We did order the frozen yoghurt and when paying the girl behind the counter fair threw the paper bowls at us. Absolutely disgusting customer service skills. It’s as though Nando’s place 6/7 kids in charge of their establishment and give no training let alone any guidance from any form of management.
It was our sons choice to go to Nando’s to celebrate his 18th birthday. None of us had been before..... none of us will be going again.
Nobody asked if we were ok, enjoyed our food, no goodbyes..... without doubt the worst place I’ve eaten for customer service.
As for the food? It actually wasn’t that bad. Such a shame because the customer service was appalling.
Will I eat at Nando’s again? Definitely not.
Will I recommend Nando’s to friends & family? Most certainly not, I will tell them of my bad experience though.
What recommendations would I have for Nando’s? Replace your staff! They’re letting Nando’s down and the management are failing at every level.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

We went on New Year’s Day tomcure my husbands hangover. Food was nice and staff were friendly. The tables were a little bit close together though

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed October 30, 2019 via mobile

We knew we were off to a poor start when we could see our food sat on the hot plate for some time.

Our food was tepid/warm.

I had the chicken wings (extra hot) and they were cold after eating about 3.
The chips with salt were also cold with the Piri salt on 1/4 of the chips.
The best bit was the coleslaw.

The Mrs had butterfly chicken with spinach & broccoli.
She explained that the chicken was cold & dry, the broccoli was rock hard/undercooked.

George our waiter couldn’t be less interested.

When asked if our food was ok, we voiced our concerns, but the member of staff asking us just said we should’ve said something earlier.

One final thing, the ice changed the taste of the coke, not in a nice way.

Overall, our experience at this Nando’s wasn’t great, I plan to forward my feedback directly to them.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank robsonben
Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

Visited a here couple of times, service was quick & friendly, food fresh and tasty not fine dinning but a lovely atmosphere. I would recommend the sharing platters for great value.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Great menu selection and fast service with no complaints from us . Good food and good value so ideal for work breaks

Date of visit: July 2019