“Charming little resaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holbeck
Description: Viva Restaurant serves authentic Italian food in a warm and intimate atmosphere. We offer hot and cold starters, a wide variety of pasta dishes, delicious main courses, and a great selection of pizzas. We are situated in the centre of Leeds, 300 yards from the Leeds Corn Exchange 10 minutes' walk from Leeds Bus and coach station and 10 minutes' walk from Leeds main train station.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A lovely little piece of Italy, in the centre of Leeds. The service is good the Food even better and if you go for lunch time or early evening specials the price is especially cheap. The main menu is not excessively priced for the quality. There are other Italian restaurants within the area where the food isn’t as good and the price would be double. Give Viva a try you’ll go back.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My mum and I went here on a recent shopping trip leeds based on the good reviews I read on here and we were not disappointed!! We went at 2pm and it was very quiet considering it was a Saturday but this didnt put us off. The waitress was very polite and friendly and didnt rush us at all. We went for the £6.95 lunch menu and it was such a bargain! The bruchetta starter was very nice and bigger than i expected! The pasta main was so good, you could tell the pasta was fresh and there was plenty of it! We love Italian food and this was definitely one of the best places we've been. We will definitely be returning next time we are in Leeds and may even bring a big group on an evening!

1  Thank Auntie Nicki N
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is the best Italian I have ever been to, and we must go at least once a month if not more often, the service is excellent, food is delicious and atmosphere is wonderful. Some people complain it is busy, well to me that's a good sign, they are always accommodating if you have a wait, make an effor to talk to you, get you a drink and you can see all staff working very hard.

As a fussy vegan they offer a great selection of vegetarian meals, and they are always accommodating in altering receipts to suit my fussy taste! Penne arbiatta is beautiful, bruschetta again is delicious and the tomato and garlic bread pizza is so more ish!

The staff are all so friendly and polite and try very hard to make your experience enjoyable.

If you want an intimidate unique setting with a welcoming atmosphere and great food, come here!

1  Thank KamalaEJT
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Viva is pretty much on my doorstep and have heard nothing but good things so finally checked it our last Saturday with my girlfriend for their very reasonable £6.95 lunch menu.
We arrived around 13:30 and the restaurant was very quiet (only us and a group of three women) but then it does shut 14:00-17:00 on a Saturdays so this is to be expected. I liked the interior which has a more family run vibe about it than the swanky chain look favoured by many restaurants in town, it felt quite authentic.
The lunch deal allows you a starter of bruschetta, then either a pasta or pizza dish. The bruschetta was fairly standard (could have done with a bit more flavour) but the mains were both very good. My girlfriends pasta arrabiata dish was lovely, very tasty and with a decent kick (she’d asked for it spicy) and my pepperoni pizza was also of good quality.
As we only had diet cokes, our total bill was £17.90 which was very reasonable. Looking through the a la carte menu, I really liked the sound of some of the mains, especially the steaks on offer – there seemed to be some rather inventive dishes.
As the place was quiet, it was impossible to judge the atmosphere but on evenings it always looks busy so I’m sure it does have one. The waiter seemed perhaps a little keen to move us (and esp the table of women) on as the closing time had passed, but I wouldn’t say he was rude – would definitely consider returning on an evening to try the a la carte menu. Certainly better than the dreadful Ciao Bella round the corner which still seems surprisingly busy despite bland food and a rude member of staff who sends abuse on Trip Advisor to those who write negative reviews!

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I've been a regular customer . Know the owner, but I has very bad night me and my boyfriend , we expect to have a good night, but it was a nightmare. The was fighting none stop, we were waiting for our mains long time, bad experience . Drunk chef, smoking outside. Nono of Italian staff, lots of polish and Portuguese . Rubbish atmosphere ... Don't waste your time and money!!!!