“Great customer service”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Quarry Hill
Description: Lounge Bar & Grill in Leeds is a unique haven for great food & fabulous drinks, all served in very special surroundings. Whether you are looking for a retreat for an hour over lunch with friends and colleagues, a romantic meal in outstanding surroundings or indeed you are in the party mood and fancy a cool cocktail to get your night started then head to Lounge Bar & Grill for all this and much, much more.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I initially bought a 'Burger and Beer' Groupon voucher for Lounge but the bar has recently changed hands therefore the new owners could not honour the voucher. Although I was told I would be able to obtain a refund on the voucher Lounge invited us to take advantage of their own 'Burger and Beer' deal to make up for it even though they usually did it on a different night. We were impressed with the food which was very tasty and well presented; the price was very reasonable too. Great service from the staff!!

There are newer reviews for Lounge Bar and Grill

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I always go to the Lounge before a theatre trip as it is so convenient and food usually varied and good value for money. However I went a couple of weeks ago and it was terrible. The lunchtime menu was no longer in existence. A very basic menu could be had with a poor selection of food but was told three or four of the meals were unavailable. I chose a starter of fishcakes but when it arrived only one was on the plate. This was cold and expensive. Left feeling hungry and will have to find a new pre theatre venue from now on. It felt like the pub wouldn't be open for much longer. Such a shame.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Tried this place after seeing a decent deal on Groupon (Beer and burger). Popped in after work about 6:30. First impressions were good from the outside. Looks to be a nice old style building and that you typically find in and around Leeds.

Inside the bar/restaurant was dead.... which felt ominous considering it was the time when you expect restaurants to be busy or getting busy. The layout was confusing. I couldn't tell I was in a restaurant. There were no tables with cutlery laid out and some of the tables close to the bar were too low to eat off.

The atmosphere was dull and the decor was dark and dingy. The layout is something you'd imagine finding in a sex dungeon. There was a gothic feel to the place which wasn't my cup of tea as I was expecting a "bar and grille" type of place. You definitely didn't feel you could lounge here!

I asked at the bar for a menu and was told no! I was quite taken aback. I don't think ive ever been refused a menu in a restaurant before. I was told with Groupon I can only choose beef, chicken or veg and my choice of drink was larger, house wine or coke. I rolled the dice and took beef and larger.

The beer was Amstel which wasn't too bad if I’m honest I would have had another drink but the atmosphere of the place made me want to leave ASAP. The food came and the burger was acceptable if a little greasy. The fries and the one onion ring was fried within an inch of its life. For some reason I was given a small pot of chopped cucumber? I have no idea why.

All in all its worth popping if you’ve bought the Groupon, but the idea that you’re getting £30 worth of food for £9 doesn't come across. I won't be going back which is the idea of these deals. My recommendation would be head to Weatherspoon’s instead.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We came across this bar and grill after purchasing a deal from groupon. As always I am slightly hesitant as to what to expect when purchasing a groupon deal but was pleasantly surprised. The food was great such a nice find.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We where a family of 4 plus baby in pram ,made very welcome by the staff ,we had the groupon voucher 2 course sunday lunch and it consisted of a starter or dessert and 2 platters of beef and turkey with yorks puds and lots of roast potato's turren of cauliflower cheese and carrots and parsnips all very good value and very well cooked missed a green veg though, we have been before and will go again nice place to spend a lovely family sunday, think the interier needs a little TLC as looking a little tired

1  Thank Margaret M