“Not for us”
Review of Roomzzz Leeds City

Roomzzz Leeds City
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was the first time we had booked Roomzzz as the reviews looked good and we thought it was worth trying.

On arrival the Receptionist was welcoming and friendly.

Our room on the 4th floor was comfy, clean and had a reasonably sized balcony. It was really well equipped and had everything you would need for a short self-catering stay.

The location although central was a bit seedy at night and after a nice meal out, we were pleased to be back after walking through the city.

The only real down side was the noise from girls partying well into the early hours of the morning but for the price perhaps this was to be expected. We did pay extra for a late check-out and this was just as well as we didn't enjoy the best night's sleep ever.

I'm not sure whether this is for us as it was just a bit strange being in what is probably more akin to a posh bedsit. Are we snobs - possibly! But at our stage in life, we like what we like.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatandSte

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at this Aparthotel many times over the last few years and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when in Leeds

The apartments are so well fitted out; perhaps too much for the average traveller who is staying overnight on business, as guess most would not need a fully fitted kitchen including washing machine, dishwasher, hob and microwave

The rooms are really comfortable with memory foam mattress, Mac computer, nice touch like iPod/iPhone charging dock, excellent bathroom with powerful shower (and never a shortage of pressure or hot water) plus a heated mirror that doesn't require wiping with a towel to enable you to see what you are doing when you shave

The discounted parking charge is welcome for the multi story across the road, as the hotel is so close to the town centre (less than 5 mins into the main streets) there is no need to use a car

The reception staff are really helpful, plus the grab and go inclusive breakfast is a great touch for those who are in a hurry

Any negatives? Not that I have found so far. Not tried the other places they have in Manchester and Newcastle but if they are set up similar to this place, obtaining a booking will be the only problem you will encounter

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel away from the road are quieter if you prefer to open the windows rath...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

First time in a Roomzzz - and it wont be the last! The room has a large double bed and then a seating area with Mac and TV as well as a kitchenette with microwave, hob, dishwasher and washing machine. This room is really nice - and the hotel is in a great location within walking distance of the centre and close to the canal and Armouries. There is a great Italian on the bridge and loads of places to get a cooked breakfast if you want more than the buffet on offer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed with Roomzzz before in Manchester & therefore had no hesitation using Roomzzz again, this time in Leeds.
Once again I received excellent service right from the moment I walked through the door right up to the moment I collected my luggage at the end of my last day in Leeds a week later. I had booked a smart studio since I was travelling alone and this was more than adequate with an comfortable king size bed, iMac & combined television, a decent clock radio that also acted as an iPhone dock too. The kitchen area was fine for cooking simple meals although it did lack something to measure liquids in such as a graduated jug which would have been very useful. There's a very good combination microwave so there's no need for an oven. The bathroom was fine too with a nice powerful shower,although lacked a shaver point, so if you need to charge your toothbrush you'll need to being an adapter. I have to congratulate the staff for helping me when I lost my wedding ring, although never found, they did their utmost to help & reassure me, it's rare to receive such good customer service & care. If you're ever in room 303 and find a ring, please let me know.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked Roomzzz on laterooms as the Marriott was full. Im not sure what I was expecting but I was well impressed. I had a very nice apartment with bedroom, living room with kitchen and even a spare bedroom. It was all nicely decorated and a very comfy bed ensured a sound sleep. I went to the Roomzzz in Leeds west by mistake and they took pity on me and sent me back in a cab which was very nice of them indeed. Its next to the station and directly opposite the Malmassion. Really handy for business or a weekend exploring Leeds...

Room Tip: Choose the city centre location Roomzzz
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As a regular visitor to Leeds on business, I usually get put up in one of the many hotels in Leeds, however I have now discovered Roomzzz Aparthotel and wouldn't go back to the hotel experience. These apartments are very well appointed and 5mins walk from Leeds Station so very central.

I love the fact I can eat in, eat out, cook for myself or for colleagues or bring in a takeaway (no more eating in my room on room service!) and I have evrything thng I need for a comfortable stay. The beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms have everything you need (including underfloor heating) and are clean and modern and the kitchen has all the appliances, cutlery and crockery you could possibly need as well as a washer dryer and dishwasher.

The 'grab and Go' breakfast provided in the price hits the spot nicely with decent coffee and fresh croissants and pastries, juice and fruit.

The concierge in reception is friendly and helpful and to top it all, it's cheaper than staying in a hotel so good for my company's budget!

If you are staying for leisure, Leeds excellent shopping centre and miriad of eateries are just minutes away.

I highly recommend you give Roomzz a try next time you have to stay in Leeds

Room Tip: If you book the larger 1 bed suites as opposed to the studio apratments you get free use of the Appl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

2 night stay at this hotel was good value at £110 on a winter promotional deal plus half price parking with a nearby multistorey was ideal! Rooms were fully equipped with everything you could possibly need, lovely,clean and modern with two in one Apple Mac TV with comfy beds. Rooms were sound proofed well although noisy neighbours screaming in the corridor at 4am were so annoying, once they were in their rooms though you couldn't hear a thing so it was hard to complain. As for location, call lane was a two minute walk with a load of restaurants and bars nearby, very suited to couples. As for big groups of friends the main nightlife scene next to Oceana, tiger tiger etc may be quite a walk especially in a dress and heels! Overall I would recommend and would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013