Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams$84
Priceline$84
Agoda.com$84
Tripadvisor$84
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2017

A colleague had recently stayed here and was not impressed with cold water instead of hot and inoperative heating. I was a little anxious about experiencing the same but was pleasantly surprised. My room was clean, comfortable and I have a bath and a shower with hot water. the heating functioned and WiFi worked once one registered with O2, the supplier. Staff were pleasant. I ate in the restaurant downstairs. The only negative point ws that i room was above a speaker in the room downstairs, so there was a little background noise in the room.

Room tip: Check for a room not above the restaurant or facing the main road for traffic noise in the morning.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights midweek Mon-Fri. On arrival check in was quick and easy nice warm welcome.
Our room was at the far end of the hotel next to the road of the main one into Calverley. Traffic could be heard but it was easily tolerable and didn't put us off! The room it's self was warm and welcoming with lots of character and beams and plenty of space to move around. En-suite bathroom had really good hot towel rail and nice big bath towels (Yes!) floor boards were creaky but it Added to the character of the place!
Continental breaky included in our stay was a bonus but I would definitely recommend the cooked breakfasts that are provided for a little bit extra £££ (but worth it) compliments to the chefs and staff. Special mention to Mandy who works on morning. She was brill and always put a big smile on your face along with wearing one herself. Really helpful and had a laugh or too! Keep up the fantastic work Calverley arms staff.
Thankyou for a great stay!

2  Thank hayleyltfc
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for one night for business purposes. My night included dinner and breakfast in the pub downstairs.

The hotel itself is okay, a bit dated perhaps and basic, but perfectly okay. Comfortable bed, large room, quiet once the bar was closed - exactly what was required.

The pub itself is a nice building with a good atmosphere. But what really lets it down, and is inexcusable, is the quality of meat products used, resulting in bad food.

For dinner I ordered a "roast breast of turkey with thyme and lemon butter and stuffing in bacon". What arrived was not a breast, and there was no butter, no stuffing. It was two slices of one of those round reconstituted turkey rolls. It was obvious because of the little bit of skin around the edge, and also I remember my mother cooking the same thing. Not nice, and not as per the menu. I raised it with the waitress who asked if I would like another one, not really understanding my gripe. The rest of the food was really nice.

I had a full breakfast the next day and the meat was awful - the bacon and sausage were pale, and looked like they had been bought in with the grill stripes already added. Inedible. But everything else on the plate was lovely.

This leads me to think that the chefs are actually really good, but are let down by the management who buy very low quality and cheap meat products.

I would not eat here again by choice unless the meat issue was resolved.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2017

4 of us stayed in 3 rooms for 1 night. The beds were really comfortable and despite being near to a main road it was nice and quiet. The bathroom extractor fans need replacing in a couple of the rooms as they are very noisy and one of the hair driers had a do not use sticker on it, so it could do with some money spending.

The cooked breakfast was excellent, it far exceeded expectations. The continental breakfast offering was very good too.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2017

Clean, comfortable beds. Clean, white towels. Clean and tidy rooms with every, if basic, thing you will need for an overnight stay.
Outstanding value at £58 for a large family room which was warm and comfortable.
Only downside was the free complimentary breakfast. Maybe I shouldn't complain as it was free but it was quite poor. The cooked breakfasts looked delicious and plentiful. I would calculate the cost of a good breakfast into your full cost.
Staff were extremely helpful and polite.
As I now have relatives who live close by I will definitely be returning. This is a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere homely, affordable, clean and comfortable.....just take an extra few quid so you can enjoy the full English.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Leeds West, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

It’s great to hear you had an enjoyable visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.