“Nice food, not sure about service.”

Innkeeper's Lodge Leeds Calverley
Ranked #7 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice food, not sure about service.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stopped off for a late Saturday lunch. We had to wait quite a while at the bar. We got served eventually.

Saw the sign that said "wait here to be served". So we did. We waited and waited. There was a member of staff nearby relaying cutlery on tables and I'm sure she saw us.

Waitress finally must have realised that the tables could wait (they weren't full and there was no-one waiting to be sat at the tables she was relaying) and seated us.

She didn't direct us to a table that she'd been relaying, there were plenty of others.

I was surprised by the menu, as the food on offer was more interesting than your usual pub fare. We both decided what to order and we waited. Again. We waited a good while for someone to take our order. Tried to make eye contact with the staff but no luck.

The waitress that did take our order was friendly. It was just a shame that we'd had to wait so long. The restaurant didn't look busy at all.

It didn't take long for the meals to arrive and we both liked our food. I ordered toad in the hole, which was nice although I could have done with more gravy and the mash wasn't great. Good value though at £6.50. I would return, but only if I thought it wouldn't be too busy as I dread to think what it is like when it is busy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went for evening meal. First impressions on the outside if sitting out in summer the view is fantastic. Going in to bar area have to say it looked a bit spartan and dowdy. The restaurant however was much nicer, very clean and spacious. Meal service by Jessica was excellent, very efficient and did her very best to accommodate two of our group in ordering the standard sunday roast but they required variations by not wanting certain items on the dish and asking for extra of other items. Overall a fine meal spoilt only slightly by another member of staffing bringing drinks to the table and reaching in front of people when there was ample space for her to go round behind -Would definitely eat here again

1 Thank gordonmaximus
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

visited here on a thursday evening whilst visiting my parents in leeds.arrive at 6.30 and at 7.00 had to find a waitress to order,when commented on the delay she said ,oh you should have called me!when the food arrived the salmon and pasta dish i ordered was inedible,extremely salty cold and chewy.Mums chicken and chips aka hunters chicken was cold and substandard.Dad,not one to complain,had fatty belly pork which was also cold and wouldnt fill a flea.My three year old sons fish and chips was okbut we were charged for the drink which was supposed to be included in the chids meal cost.
We called over the manager who took away our food and asked for the bill,requesting the pudding included in the childs menu cost.Whn my little boy took a mouthfull of his doughnut in chocolate sauce he started to cry
it was covered in cinamon and burned his mouth as he put it!
We left in disgust,paying for the wine belly pork and childs meal.
On reflection we regret paying for any of the meal and when leaving said to the waitress we should have gone elsewhere and had fish and chips to which she replied youd have been better off!The waitresses seemed rushed off their feet and said the management would be in monday meetings leaving hardly any staff in the restaurant to cut costs!all in all a dissapointing evening out and will be spreading the word about this place.

2 Thank amanda h

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Booked a one night break and at the last minute booked a second night - very accommodating. lovely accommodation and fantastic food in the restaurant.
Very friendly and courteous staff.
Would recommend this hotel.
Just one critisism - too warm even with the radiator off in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I used to really enjoy coming here.

Me and my friend brought our kids on Sunday for lunch. Service seems to take forever and we were stood at the bar trying to control a toddler and a 6 month old.

I enjoyed my food (fish and chips) but my friend didnt like the risotto. my son ate all of his chips and nothing else but thats not unusual for him.

overall the cost wasnt bad but the stand out memory for me was £2.05 for a childs fruit shoot. I see that as daylight robbery and a shame. I dont imagine ill be back in a hurry especially with the kids.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

went here today with family and friends. I was very disappointed with the quality of the Risotto and found the service to be very slow, took 10 minutes to get a round of drinks too. Shame as I used to love going here. Also

1 Thank Nicholas B
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food in parts not good, dry chicken...I know it's a dry meat but there are extremes. Lamb shank cottage pie very small...£ 13 in a pub bit ott. Drinks good service friendly. Wonderful building, comfy and warm on a cold day.