“Used To be Great”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Leeds Calverley
Ranked #7 of 27 Leeds B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I used to really enjoy coming here.

Me and my friend brought our kids on Sunday for lunch. Service seems to take forever and we were stood at the bar trying to control a toddler and a 6 month old.

I enjoyed my food (fish and chips) but my friend didnt like the risotto. my son ate all of his chips and nothing else but thats not unusual for him.

overall the cost wasnt bad but the stand out memory for me was £2.05 for a childs fruit shoot. I see that as daylight robbery and a shame. I dont imagine ill be back in a hurry especially with the kids.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

went here today with family and friends. I was very disappointed with the quality of the Risotto and found the service to be very slow, took 10 minutes to get a round of drinks too. Shame as I used to love going here. Also

1  Thank Nicholas B
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food in parts not good, dry chicken...I know it's a dry meat but there are extremes. Lamb shank cottage pie very small...£ 13 in a pub bit ott. Drinks good service friendly. Wonderful building, comfy and warm on a cold day.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went for a family meal, son home from university. Waited for a table even though restaurant was not overly busy. We were seated by the manager, this is when the problems started! Had a stinking attitude, which belittled my sons starting with my 23 year old been asked for ID (it was a family meal!) we didn't think this was necessary as he is clearly older than 21. We then went to the bar to complain and the manger sounded like a broken record by telling us it was "company policy" my son wasn't overly bothered about a drink, but the principles and attitude of the manager resulted in us leaving! We went on to have a nice meal at a different place, but unfortunately we have had a bitter taste since leaving the Calverley arms! Very very very bad customer service

Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Kershawrox
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We ate in the restaurant here a couple of days ago. The food was lovely, dessert out of this world (peanut butter cheesecake). The staff were really friendly and attentive, had a little wait for food but didn't mind as it was fresh, hot and delicious when it arrived. The restaurant had a lovely quiet atmosphere, lovely decor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went for lunch only after a recommendation from a friend....think I need to find a new friend!
Sweet potato and bean burger was cold and quite bland. Child's fish and chips was ok, jelly was disgusting, like eating a bag of sugar. On the children's menu it clearly states £6.95 for 2 courses and a drink, when the drink didn't arrive I went and asked for it only to be told I hadn't been charged as the sell the items separately in case the drinks are not wanted....this makes no sense whatsoever and wasn't mentioned at ordering.
The other 2 meals ordered were only ok and definitely not worth the prices charged.

It is a lovely place and could be so much better.....as this was quite early on a Tuesday lunchtime and not very busy, with service this shoddy I would hate to see it when it's busy......we had to clear our own table, there wasn't any staff behind the bar and one only appeared when the phone rang and she rang to answer it after seeing me stood there........answer the phone or serve a paying customer?????? Not acceptable!

Also had to wait on 2nd trip to the bar as nobody around again.

I won't be going back and will tell friends not to bother going at all.....lovely place, uninterested staff, just ok food and fairly pricey for what it is

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This Innkeepers Lodge forms part of the Calverley Arms in Calverley West Yorkshire. Lovely old fashioned English house converted to a lovely bar/restaurant and lodging facilities. Food was good but I reckon the chefs need some either encouragement or a kick up the backside to make sure the service quality matches the rest of the services. Overall food was good but there's definitely room for improvement. As a chef myself I'm quite critical and the fish medley was not up to scratch and unfortunately this let them down over the week we stayed. If you're looking for an English breakfast as we know it then you'll be seriously disappointed as they only do Continental. Fish pie was good, the ribeye steak also but the Head Chef needs to be sat down and sorted on final presentation and attention to detail. The bar & waiting staff are really excellent, housekeeping was good and the lady who runs the breakfast was a diamond to be around, very friendly. All the staff looked after my 9 year old daughter beautifully, the wife was also pleased overall with the hotel and service quality.

Room Tip: Try for room 5, I reckon this used to be the master bedroom when it was a family house.