“Fantastic!!!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We loved this hotel. Great service at the front desk, restaurant, guest help desk. Everyone is very helpful. Our room was spacious and CLEAN, both bedroom and bathroom. New and modern. Would absolutely stay again!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
ElN_1, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for your very enthusiastic comments. We do hope you come back to visit us again!

The Guest Relations Team

Write a ReviewReviews (4,283)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just thought I would leave a quick review. This has to be one of the best hotels in Leeds. My girlfriend booked us in here to celebrate my birthday here last year.

We had a great time. We were made to feel welcome straight away and we loved the warm cookie on arrival. The rooms are really spacious and love that you have an apple mac in your room. It allowed us to log onto our Netflix account and watch films at night. The shower was spacious and warm too. Excellent stay, thank you.

This made us book again with Doubletree in London but wasn't the same. We will defiantly return the Doubletree Leeds as we love it! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamieu U
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Doubletree by Hilton in Leeds city centre is ideally placed for walking into the city. Right by the canal with great walks, especially to the fascinating Industrial Museum, pubs and cafes around. The hotel restaurant offers superb food at a reasonable price. I would certainly stay again and recommend to all.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Nice room, clean, tidy and large. Room service was excellent, would recommend the penne pasta salad! iMac in room seems a little OTT, most people now travel with laptops/tablets so don't really see the point, just give me a TV please. Giant spiders inhabiting the outside of the windows on the 6th floor... a little disconcerting to think one may be cuddling up with you!!! Problems at check-in, could have been resolved there and then... instead took 2 hours

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
ElN_1, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your comments. It is good to hear you enjoyed the room and that you received excellent service from our Room Service team. It is great to know you would recommend the Penne Pasta Salad, your comments will be passed on to the Chef.

It is disappointing to hear you had such a slow check-in which spoilt your arrival experience. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Your comments on the iMac are noted. We have a mix of views, some love having an iMac in the room and others are not so keen. We do hope you benefited from the complimentary wifi during your stay and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Guest Relations Team

Reviewed July 16, 2014

When I checked in for 5 nights I asked for a nice view, I was given a room overlooking Leeds railway station and about 20 rail tracks and platforms. I had a small problem with the TV within 2min a young lady called Zoe came to sort it out, which she did, while she was their I told her I wasn't happy with the view and did ask at reception for a nice view, she told me she would be back in less than 5min and she was, I was told I would have to pay an extra £10 a night for a room with a view, I didnt know or was told that when I booked. When I went back to reception a young man from Sri Lanka said they would waver the extra £50 for the 5 nights.
Apart from that problem which took 5min to sort out, I had a very nice stay. the cocktail bar on the roof had views all over Leeds, staff were very friendly, I will stop their again next time I am in Leeds for sure.

Room Tip: When you check in make sure you get a room overlooking the canal
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had two standard rooms for two nights - and the hotel was absolutely fine for a reasonably recent inner city box hotel. The staff we encountered were all very pleasant and efficient. The Doubltree gets brownie points from me for providing free wifi - something which was a deciding factor for me when choosing between this hotel and the Marriott (and the parking is cheaper). The rooms are well equipped and the shower room is great (again, loads better than the Leeds Marriott bathrooms). Sadly the rooms, though very well equipped and appointed (wine glasses, tumblers, bottled water and ice buckets - yay!) are all a bit greige and dull looking. The only splash of colour was a red chair - no cushions and only a mean looking and dull coloured throw on the bed. The room looks as if it was due for new carpet and paint - and though generally the room was very clean, the insides of the windows needed cleaning - and the inside corner of the shower needs to be cleaned with the door shut - there was a bit wodge of mould - only visible when you are in the shower.

It was odd that the second set of towels was not in the bathroom but in the wardrobe - which I only found out when I came out of the shower!
Minor niggles to some - but these are the sort of things that irritate me!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ElN_1, Guest Relations Team at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments and we are pleased to hear you chose our hotel over other 4* hotels in the area. The complimentary wifi is appreciated by many guests and it is encouraging to see this played a part in your choice.

It is good to know you felt the room was well equiped, although the very simple colour-scheme we have in our rooms was not to your taste. We do like to hear all guest comments so that we can make adjustments and improve as and when possible.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Guest Relations Team

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff were very friendly throughout the hotel, starting at check in. A few minor problems resolved very quickly. The roof top Sky Bar had great views a nice place to relax. Breakfast was very good. Location is very good with different bars restaurants close by. Would I stay there again, yes.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business