“Weekend stay”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel was immaculately clean, all the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family wishing to spend time in Leeds. The location is only a short walk from the railway station and the local shops, so very convenient.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton DoubleTree and everything was perfect the room was all that you needed, the free cookie was such a nice touch.

We went out for dinner and then came back to the Sky Lounge the hotels own nightclub. The service was first class, we all were greeted and made to feel welcome, the cocktails were delicious. The all round service in this bar was excellent and I would very much recommend any guests staying to check it out.

The manager wished us well on our way out which put the cherry on the top for me. Great bar, great atmosphere, great service... happy customers!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Happy1122
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Sky bar was great, breakfast was OK, only bad thing was my free newspaper was not delivered, i will get over that i guess. Staff were great and was a plus to receive a free welcome cookie on arrival. Took me a while to work out how to turn on the tv with the remote as it was an I MAC

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nigel F
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Second time I've stayed in this hotel. It's always popular, especially with hen/stag parties due to its location near the party bars. But it's not a place with paper thin walls so I've never had any trouble sleeping because of it. Vary spacious and clean, white rooms with plenty of space. I upgraded to a suite on this occasion but, apart from the corner room having views from 2 sides, it wasn't much bigger than the standard room. At £35 extra (pre-selected as a reserved list upgrade) it offered a mini bar with a small selection of drinks and a Kit Kat! The mini bar wasn't stocked on our arrival but this was because we had arrived slightly ahead of the normal booking in time. As we were allowed into the room early there was no complaint from us, and the bar was stoked within minutes of us being there. Very comfortable bed and robes/towels/bedding which was all in good condition and smelling fresh. 2 Mac computers/TVs in the room, although the batteries had died in the mouse on one so I could only use the one near the bed (#1st world problems!) The only point of concern to me was the quality and general attitude of the bar staff in the 13th floor cocktail lounge. I ordered a Bloody Mary, which took a long time to arrive, despite not being very busy. Before it did I was told that there wasn't any Tabasco sauce and that it would be made with chilli flakes instead. I was TOLD this not asked if it was ok. As it happened it did taste OK but that is not the point! The celery stick presented in it was VERY old and when held up could not maintain its shape. This wasn't really acceptable given the price of this cocktail. When I asked for a replacement, and demonstrated why, I was looked at with what appeared to be disdain, maybe disgust? The barman then sent down for some fresh celery... and a bottle of Tabasco sauce! Why, if this was available, was this not sought before the drink was sent over? A perfect review marred due to an avoidable bit of laziness I had paid for breakfast as part of the room rate and as we arrived slightly later than I had planned (bit 'fluffy' from the night before) we had to wait for a few minutes before we were seated. There were other people waiting, and tutting as the British do, but it wasn't unreasonable and it did mean that the food was fully stocked and not too crowded when were eventually seated. Coffee was available while we waited which helped to pass the time and wake me up. Great reception staff, friendliest I have encountered in recent stays, and I do stay away a lot. With the free cookie being the, well, cookie on the cake. Highly recommend this hotel, maybe drink cocktails somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
ElN_1, DoubleTree Team at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such concise feedback and delighted you enjoyed the stay.

I have also forwarded your comments about the SkyLounge to the team and appreciate you mentioning this.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards

DoubleTree Team member

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel and our second stay in the junior king suite.

The service is excellent, the rooms very clean and large with wonderful views. We especially love the in room tech and the free mini bar. Breakfast has a good choice of self service and also table served breakfasts such as a great Eggs Benedict.
We did go up to the Sky bar and the cocktail I had was very tasty but the vibe was just lacking something.

I would definitely recommend the place as an easily accessible place to stay for shopping and drinking in Leeds.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I would like to thank for an excellent service and delicious cocktails the bartender whose name unfortunately I do not remember, but I am pretty sure he was a Polish guy. Me and my girlfriend went for a drink on saturday night to Sky Lounge for a first time and already were surprised about this place. Sky team greeted us very welcome and provided us an excellent service and nice chat. Certainly we' ll come back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Elspeth N, PA to the General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. Delighted that you had a good time and excellent service in the SkyLounge. I shall pass on your comments to the team.

Kind regards

Doubletree Team

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This hotel is in a great location next to a revamped canal area. Very close (walking distance) to the railway station and city centre. Due to its location there is no traffic noise. The hotel facilities are excellent as is the restaurant (ground floor) and cocktail bar (12th floor) to mention two. The upper floor rooms overlook the city and surrounding area. There is limited hotel parking available at a cut price rate, there is also other parking close by. The rooms are very clean, bright and airy with coffee / tea making / mini bar / hair dryer etc:- Staff are friendly polite and helpful. It is close to city night life but not noisy. The restaurant is very good and the breakfast really good - if you start the day and go hungry it will be your fault - a very wide choice or hot and cold. Well worth the stay.