“Great stay excellent staff!!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have recently found this hotel as work has brought me to leeds this last month and what a great hotel it is!! Firstly I must mention the lovely receptionist Emma each time I have stayed she has checked me in and now she even greets me by surname! Always has time to chat and asks how I am very friendly,always helps with request nothing to much trouble very proffesional an asset to the company!! Rooms are nice and modern plenty of room and a window that opens!! Great views over looking the canal! Sky lounge very trendy great cocktails and willing to make drinks that are not on menu.My only little negative was that the wifi was a bit hit and miss and as a business hotel advertising free wifi you would expect it to work at peak times and not error in connection!!! Breakfast always plentiful and well stocked and hot too.even eggs to order!! Can't wait to bring my wife for some Xmas shopping so she can experience the 5* service!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Write a ReviewReviews (4,254)

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel, was easy to find, car parking was a little steep at (£12) just for overnight, otherwise wiuld have given 5 stars, room was great, lovely view of the canal, and street. The staff were very professional and helpful, restaurant was nice but wasnt very comfortable.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JamiewayUK
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The hotel was recommended by some work colleagues. Just around the corner from the Leeds Hilton and about 10 minutes walk from the train station. Lovely building with loads of restaurants and bars next to it. Huge reception and you get a warm chocolate chip cookie on check in, which is a nice touch. Corridors and lifts are immaculate. Rooms are good with Apple Mac TV/computer in room, but rooms are starting to look dated and need a lick of paint and perhaps a new carpet. Extremely clean and great beds and pillows. You get free broadband wifi in the rooms. Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. Breakfast was great with everything possible, and the bar snacks were also excellent. Staff were efficient but seemed almost too busy to serve me. Recommend staying here, and am here again next week.

1  Thank Finster186258
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Excellent stay as per usual. Comfy bed, excellent facilities, good location close to the office.
Only criticism is that the air on unit was very noisy at night.
Breakfast is a buffet , lots of choices, and very quick which is just what is needed when you are on a tight schedule
Did not eat dinner In the hotel, as I think it is quite expensive and there are lots of good restaurants in the local area

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. Check-in was quick and easy and we were given warm cookies which was a nice touch. Our room was clean and comfortable and had a lovely view of the river. Breakfast and room service food was excellent and staff were helpful and polite. It was great to have a mac with internet access in our room. The hotel is close to the station and shopping centre. Well worth it for the price, will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very handy for the city centre, about a 15 minute walk. Nice clean rooms with comfortable beds and a pleasant bathroom/en suite. We paid extra for breakfast but at £10 per head it was great value, pity there were no mushrooms! Good choice of cooked items, cereals, breads, fruit and cheese. Great coffee and plenty of it. Eggs cooked to your liking by request in addition to the standard scrambled. Would use again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have stayed here a few times but my stay this weekend was destroyed by horrid service from one of the staff on the front desk. I was informed that they had no parking despite counting 3 spaces at 9pm. This meant I was forced to park on the street in an area that looked very rundown. It turns out the Hilton is in a regeneration area and is very near the RED LIGHT district! The only parking I could find that was safe was around the corner from the hotel, unfortunatly this was an area with restrictions. So I could either park my car where it was likely to get broken into or in an area where I was going to get a fine. I came out in the morning to find I have a nice £70 fine on my car (reduced to £35 if paid in 14 days). The worst thing was that when I came back into the hotel at 1am they still had 3 free parking spaces yet the girl at the front desk STILL said they were full. A 200+ room hotel with less than 40 car parking spaces is a fundamental flaw and I expect I am not the only person who has had this happen. Also no milk in the room and broken soap despensers! Overall I am not impressed with the service. I will be staying at the Queens from now on!!