Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Price - great due to Hilton summertime promotion. Very good breakfast and staff for a short one night stay.

The rooms are fresh and functional and once you find the hotel, it is fairly central in Leeds. The previous TA reviews do seem a little over the top when you compare this hotel to say Oulton Hall but if the price is right, I would happily stay there again.

What I can day was helpful was the ability to check in early after e mailing the reception. A four star rating seems about right.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Elspeth N, PA to the General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and particularly the breakfast. It is always good to have the comments of our guests amd we appreciate the time you have taken to do this.

We hope you will visit us again.

Elspeth

Write a ReviewReviews (4,249)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had a great stay here, the room was brilliant, staff and atmosphere was great. Great touches to the hotel such as the cookie on check in was great. Also had a lovely drink and views in the sky lounge on the evening, I really recommend this hotel was a great stay and at a really reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Delighted you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Check in is a pain at busy times, often a long queue at peak times but you have to expect it at a great hotel... Sometimes

Guest services deliver outstanding service...yet again!

John has again done the hotel proud, it makes all the difference

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. Delighted to hear our Guest Services team look after you and shall pass on your kind words to John. We are proud of our team and appreciate the feedback.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We have just walked out of the Hilton after the worst room & customer service I have ever received! We booked& paid extra for a queen room with free mini bar, we were treated to 1 mini vodka,1 mini gin, 2 small cans of Stella & 1 mini white wine, when we asked why there wasn't 2 of each as we had booked the room for 2 we we informed that everything else would be charged!!! We then is discovered that the free wi if only worked on the ground floor! I then had the misfortune to need the toilet, as I went to get up off the toilet I found it was covered in splattered, dried sick, in closer inspection I found the bathroom was rotten all the tiles in the shower were thick of red mould! I then walked back into the room looked up & noticed the smoke detector was covered in an old dirty sock and worse than that when I looked towards the window I noticed the smudged imprint of a bum print! We complained to the management & were offered a CLEAN room but no apology which we hastily declined & booked into a better class hotel! After 30+ stays in various hiltons throughout England I will now never ever stay in one again!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Crazosl8r
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I travelled 5hrs on the train from the New Forest to Leeds on 6th September 2013 & was welcomed to Doubletree Hilton with a warm cookie!

The Hotel is nestled within the charming Granary Wharf (just 5 mins walk from the railway station) & overlooks the River Aire, where colourful barges leisurely pass by.

The reception is stylish, the staff are more than welcoming and the rooms are modern, light, comfortable and provide for your every need (from Apple tv/computer & complimentary chilled water in the mini-fridge, to comfortable beds/pillows & pristine bathroom).

The restaurant catered for most palettes and the Sky Bar on the 13th floor offers welcoming views and some tasty cocktails & snacks.

The wealth of designer shops & retail outlets are within 10 minutes walk from the Hotel and I have to acknowledge the northern charm & friendliness was an added bonus!

The only drawback was that I was only there for one night but I promise to return soon!

Room Tip: Recommend securing a room overlooking the canal (at the rear of the hotel)!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janeyonthemove
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am wtiting this on the i mac computer in the room . Nice hotel great location and good price .Right next to the station . Love the fact there is a computer in room. The beer festival is the best one I have been to as well ,overall a good weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here at the end of June as my boyfriend and I wanted a weekend away. We were welcomed by a lovely receptionist who gave us a delicious warm cookie. Our room was ideal, nice size, very clean, great TV and a lovely view over the canal.
We went to the Sky Bar both nights we were there and enjoyed a couple of amazing cocktails! My boyfriend specifically asked for the young blonde man to make his Old Fashioned after his first one he made was perfect and he was more than happy to do so.
The hotel staff were friendly and welcomed us each time we returned after going out.
The location is fantastic - perfect for the train/city centre.
Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple