“Excellent room, service and location”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed May 2, 2012

A very nice hotel on business. Arrived late off a train after midnight and was given a nice warm cookie at reception. Then ordered room service at 00:30 am which was promptly dispatched.

Room was spotless, imac and wireless excellent. Toiletries all excellent too - evening meal good quality.

One aspect I really like about this hotel is that they dont have a gratuity tip line on the receipt every time you buy food and drinks. 10% service added to restaurant bill which is fine, but a definite plus. Always been Marriott but now too expensive for corporate budget restrictions and they certainly did charge £15 for internet which doesnt suit anyone.

Worked from my room one of the mornings and the cleaning staff came in. I left and gave them some time. Later, the supervisor came to check the room had been cleaned which goes to show that they take these things seriously.

Well done!

Room Tip: Top floor if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Wearytraveller2006
Write a ReviewReviews (4,250)

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I needed to stay in Leeds for a week and did not know where to go really. Looked at a few reviews and although, from the outside, this hotel did not seem like much I decided to choose it because of the waterfront location. I like water. I was not disappointed.
I was upgraded to a small corner suite that offered the best sunset. We were blessed with incredible early summer weather. The room itself was ok with all the amenities. The room service was not exactly at par on my stay (missing coffee, room was not made on the first night - thought I wanted the Green Option and mini fridge did not work until the second day) but staff were friendly and did their best to accomodate and get things sorted with a smile. (this is why I put 3* for this time)
I would usually would stay at the large chains but will definitely stay here again. The location is unbeatable and a stone's throw from the train station. I was here on business but would recommend also for pleasure.
Have not had a chance to use the pool or gym facilities.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the canal (or else you will look over onto the platform of the train station ... l...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Budhagirl
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Met some friends from the coast for a meal at the Teppenyaki opposite and decided to stay with them.
Great decision, great evening ending with champagne in the Sky bar and a great nights sleep.
An excellent breakfast served with a smile. The location is perfect for the local ale trail encompassing, Scarborough Taps,The Brewery Tap, The Hop, Midnight Bell, Cross Keys and The Grove
One criticism
£12 to park is almost what it would have cost me to get a taxi home!

Room Tip: Be at least 3 floors down from Sky bar
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank prince0ffair
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

After a first not so great stay this place has redeemed its self no end
Sky bar amazing
Room amazing
Staff fabulous
Best hotel in Leeds????Yes!!!
I can honestly say my faith in what was Mint has be restored!!
Excellent!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one Saturday night. Overall i was very impressed with the hotel. It was very clean and the room was very spacious. It was an ideal location only 5 minutes walk to train station and city centre. The only downside was the noise. When we came back to the hotel there was music blarring out. You could hear it in the lift and corridors. Luckily you couldnt hear it in the room but we were the furthest room away from the lift. I was woken up several times during the night from guests arriving back at the hotel. There was a lot of stag/hen parties staying in the hotel. The noise however only lasted whilst they walked down corridor to their rooms. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 601, this was a king deluxe room one above the base room.
We were right next to the train track and didn't find it to noisy other than one train sounding its horn at about 7am. What was noisy was the slamming doors from other rooms around us, I would have thought something would have been fitted to ensure a good nights sleep for all guests.
The room was clean and tidy with a nice big window overlooking the train station and the canal.
The reception staff were friendly and attentive.
We ordered room service a flat bread pizza which was OK if not a little over done and chips, there is however very little choice.
All in all a pleasant stay and would stay here again but next time a room on the other side of the building away from the trains.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Used to live in Leeds and travelled up to see freinds. Honestly I wasn't expecting much from the £59 per night room, especially now I live down south where prices can be ridiculous for a box room and the service is often beyond terrible especially at large chains, so was shocked (in a good way) at what I found. I also see a lot of hotels through my work so have a lot to compare this place to.
The hotel is in an excellent location. The welcome was warm, as was the cookie. The room was clean and big enough with an excellent view over the canal and the city. The iMac in the room was a great bonus with free internet access. I can't fault this hotel really and that's unusual - there's usually something that bothers me even if just a little. Oh actually there was one tiny thing - not enough sugar sachets with the tea and coffee making stuff in the room but the cleaner gave me more when I saw her. I didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that - there was no need in anycase as the David Street Cafe is 2 minutes away, is cheaper and a proper nice old school cafe with a tasty full english and great service. Next time I'm in Leeds I'll stay here again for sure. Unbelievable value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo