“Nice food friendly staff”
Review of La Cantina44

La Cantina44
Ranked #127 of 1,962 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: La Cantina44 is a high-quality, friendly and family-run restaurant serving the finest Mediterranean and Italian cuisine. Based in Crosgate, Leeds it offers a wide range of quality food to suit any palate, all freshly-cooked and prepared to the highest standard with a welcoming smile from highly trained and friendly staff. The service is as you would expect highly professional, with over 16 years in this business and having built up an established reputation with a loyal following of regular discerning customers.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Visited here on a busy December Friday evening, was very full, with a few large parties which made the small restraunt very noisy!

We weren't put off by this though as the food and service was good. The portions are large, I had seafood salad which was enormous and my partner had prawn cocktail also large!

Home made lasagne was also large but tasty.

Reasonably priced and excellent service.

1  Thank Elizt8

Reviewed November 25, 2012

On Tuesday 20 November we rang La Cantina to book a table for 2 people for Saturday 24th November, considering the atrocious weather it was touch and go if we actually went out, but as we had made a prior reservation felt it only right to fulfil our side of the contract. On arriving at the restaurant we were met at the door by the Manager who was in the throes of trying to take soaking wet garments from other diners, we were then informed that as there was a private party we were not "booked in" and had to more or less go away. We left our telephone number with the person who took our booking and would have thought that knowing they had a private party would have called us to say so, instead we had to travel round the area soaking wet looking for a place to eat, which at 9.00pm is not an easy task. Shame on you LA Cantina we will never even attempt to visit again or recommend you to anybody. Disgruntled Cross Gates

5  Thank 739CATFOX
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Been coming here for at least the last ten years and its always good. Cheap and cheerful food, always a good menu which gets updated from time to time and friendly staff. The most frustrating thing is the lack of room. They could really do with a bar holding area. They have tried with the pavement cafe area but who wants to sit outside in the good old British weather - said for a long time they should move to a bigger property and open a winebar/restaurant - we could do with one in Crossgates area!

2  Thank Yorkshirepudding_10
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I went here with my partner. I was in two minds wether to go because of the area but we decided to go because we had heard good reviews about the place. When we arrived it has to be said the street it is located on is not the best. However as soon as you enter the restaurant you do forget where you are ( you could be anywhere). The service from the start was very attentive and friendly. We only had main courses as we were not that hungry. My partner had the spag bol and i had a calzone. My partner said the spag bol was average. The calzone was very good and i would recommend it to any one who enjoys a good and very big calzone. The prices are high for the area but i suppose you do get what you pay for and that is good food. Finally i would recommend people try this place but i suppose the only thing that puts me of is the area i guess i would rather spend this money in other areas of Leeds.

1  Thank tasteandtell1
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

As many locals will know Sorrentos has been around for many years. Although in an unusual place for a restaurant, once you eat here it won't matter that your in Crossgates! The food is really good and I would recommend the pasta which never disappoints. My favourite starter has to be the insalata caprese (tomatoes mozzarella and basil drizzled with olive oil) also the classic prawn cocktail is very tasty and there is a prawn and advocado starter which I love. The best main course personally for me is the Calzone chicken kiev (folded pizza with tomatoes on top with grated Parmesan and finished off with cracked black pepper) Peroni is also served here for the lads who like a strong beer!

Pretty much everything we've had here is always very tasty. And if your into steaks or chicken there is an extensive menu for you to choose from.

So if your staying locally this really is a hidden gem and is well used my the locals. I would recommend you book a table if dinning Friday Saturday or Sunday is it can be very busy as its a small restaurant.