“Expected a lot more!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Starters were ok but went down hill from there on. Main course was not seasoned, very bland. I was left feeling i could have done a better job myself (i am by no means a good cook). Service started fairly good but again dropped off. We decided not to have a desert as we were left with the desert menu for 20 mins after which time we asked for the bill- after another 10 minutes of waiting we made our way to the door to pay. Over £55 for 2, 2 course meals and a bottle of sparkling water. I felt this was expensive for the quality of the food and service which we received. We were given 10% off when we complained. Can't see myself returning any time soon.

2  Thank T111jrs

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Really cosy, warm and welcoming restaurant. Staff are exceptionally polite and attentive, very genuine and look like they take great pleasure in serving you, especially the manager. The food is good, very nicely presented and reasonable value, served fresh and quickly with a nice wait in between courses. The pizza's on a table opposite us looked great. I would recommend trying this place, good music and atmosphere, even when it's quiet as we have only visited mid-week after work.

2  Thank louisesprawling21
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having read plenty of great reviews for this restaurant, I have been promising myself a visit for a little while now. Now that I have finally dined there, my only regret is that I didn't go there sooner. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left, the entire experience was out of this world.

I love my beers, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are a number of artisan beers available in bottles, in addition to the draught beer which is Peroni.

To start, we were brought some lovely fresh breads accompanied by olive oil and balsamic vinegar......very tasty. We ordered some garlic bread and and olives as our starter which were beautiful.

For my main course, I had the Seafood Risotto, which was quite simply the best Risotto I have ever had. When I was presented with the deserts menu, I thought it would be sheer folly not to sample their Classic Tiramisu. Well, I can tell you....I have had Tiramisu in so many Italian restaurants, but none come close to his. It was totally fabulous.

To complete the evening, I had a beautiful Amaretto cream coffee which was absolute heaven, followed by a perfectly chilled Lemoncello.

I dine out quite regularly, and Italian is one of my favourite cuisines. I must say that Diva Italiana is the best restaurant I have dined in for quite some time. I will most certainly be going back there again soon. Thank you very much to all the staff there......you truly do a fantastic job!

2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having booked a Valentine's meal we were looking forward to a romantic meal and to be served and waited on by friendly and attentive staff. Unfortunately being in our late teens, the attitude to ourselves was rather different to the older people eating there. Not once did we get asked if we were enjoying our food or if we required a drink. We're not invisible. The food was ok, but nowhere near the standard of salvos in headingley. We were disappointed and at one point felt like walking out. They have had very good reviews in general, but we will be looking to dine elsewhere in the future that actually make you feel like your custom is appreciated.

2  Thank pugdogtimes
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place to eat the food was amazing and the staff are helpful along with the service being quick, not waiting around to be served :) overall really nice meal and has topped my valentines day off! Only downside is that the drinks are slightly over priced

1  Thank Charwindle95