“Disappointing for a first visit”
Review of Wokon - CLOSED

Wokon
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Quarry Hill
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I went on the recommendation of my Partner. Upon entering the Restaurant we were greeted by a gentleman who just stared at us blankly. Bearing in mind we had never been before we could have done with some advice. We decided to go for a meal deal with 2 main courses, 2 snacks and 2 drinks. Neither of us ate it all. The main meal took about 20 minutes to come. It was swimming in watery sauce that didn't really taste of anything. The snacks were Spring rolls that had no taste whatsoever. I was so disappointed as the concept is brilliant. The restaurant is a bit scruffy, Lights had blown at the back and not been replaced so it looked very dark. I went to the toilet and there was an awful smell. I discovered someone had left a mop and bucket next to the toilets with stale water in. I wasn't really in the mood to eat after this. at £13.99 i have had cheaper and better quality take away food. I won'r be going there again and certainly there are better places within walking distance that are better value and a beter atmosphere.

1  Thank Mosswar_12

Reviewed October 18, 2012

On arrival there was only one person in front of me, as I had a train in 20 minutes I still checked what the waiting time was from order, he said 5 minutes...
After taking payment from the lady in front he failed to notice her transaction had declined so I told him, then he failed to notice that some customers at the table next to the till had forgotton their phone, again I told him, then after my transaction had completed he failed to attend to me and was not really on the ball, I had to inform him I put his copy on the till and took mine. Some time passes after placing my order and the man after me gets his...I begin to wonder where mine is, so I ask...
He fails to inform me that he forgot to place my order and would I still like my food or a refund, instead insists it will be ready in time and throws it in the wok (much to the usual cooks dismay).
My instincts told me that for re-heated chicken it really hadn't been in the pan long enough to kill the bacteria but out of the fact I'd just missed my train and paid nearly 6pounds and waited almost 20 minutes for it and I was starving I ate it anyway, I really shouldn't have!!!
This was the only meal I'd consumed independantly of my family and 24 hours later I'm in hospital with a severe case of food poisoning, lost 3 days of work and out of pocket for what was a poor quality watery pile of flavourless noodles....

I highly reccommed that if you're going to try this don't do it if you're in any sort of rush (less than half an hour) make sure the usual cook is cooking it not the scatterbrained server either that or just don't bother! He didn't even apologise! Very annoyed and disappointed!

1  Thank sophy1988
Reviewed October 16, 2012

the staff at this place are friendly, food is delicious and great value! definately recommend this to anyone! great little place

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great quality food, efficient staff, lovely and clean (lovely girl was washing the seating down when I was last in) and the lad serving (Josh I think) was so friendly. One of the best fast food places in Leeds city.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went last week, got some 'spicy' noodles that came with pork, beef and chicken. the sauce it came in was bland and unseasoned and personally I couldn't taste any chilli. i feel you are paying for a large portion of below average noodles. quite disappointing