“Nice surprise”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Last month we were looking for a place to eat in the centre of Leeds, an area we do not know much. It was late on a rainy Sunday night, not one we usually like going out, but our original plans for dinner fell through, so we were hungry and tired. After several unsuccessful attempts to find a table at a place all four of us liked, we settled for Da Marios.

The staff were very welcoming and, although the kitchen was due to close within 30 minutes, they stated that they would not rush us. They then brought a complimentary serving of garlic bread, and later on the food, which was nice. My pasta in particular was very tasty.

Sure, there are many better Italian restaurants, and we probably won't visit again, but in the circumstances, this was more than acceptable.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stopped here for lunch on a Saturday, whilst shopping in Leeds. The food was delicious and the service very friendly. The prices are great for the generous portions you get. The staff was lovely and I took my time, it felt very cozy in there. I would totally recommend it! And will certainly go back next time I'm in Leeds.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

due to another restaurant being busy we went in here as it wasn't that busy. the food was very average the spinach was frozen bland and unseasoned. although the meat portions were large the quality wasn't great. i also felt it was cheeky to charge service. wouldnt visit again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Not sure if some of the other reviewers have been in the same Restaurant, we loved this place, 6 of us went on a Saturday night, various dishes ordered from lasagne, spaghetti, chicken and all were lovely. The Seafood starter my friend had was enormous and the Calamari was clearly freshly made and soft, (none of those onion rings looking tough stuff you get in some other places) I can highly recommend the chicken and prawns in cream, brandy sauce, very attentive staff and reasonably priced wine - you can't fault it. Looks like they are doing the place up, but to be honest I go for the food not what the place looks like, as per other review - yes the toilets are up the stairs but there's not a lot they can do about that - they were clean. Noticed there are also reviews under Di Marios - and they are a lot more positive, worth a look.

1  Thank Bagpuss327
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is not a fancy place, more of a cafe than a restaurant, but the food we had was pretty good. All the pasta dishes were perfectly cooked & tasty, & the other mains were pleasant enough. Service was faultless & friendly. Perhaps not the place for a special occasion, but certainly everyday good value.