“Ideal for any occasion”

Ranked #178 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Style served in the heart of Yorkshire. In the leafy Leeds suburb of Cookridge sits a 200-year old Olive tree, providing the perfect backdrop to the timeless elegance of Gusto. Add to that a superb wine and cocktail list and you’ll get a real flavour of Italy combined with proper Yorkshire class.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I are regulars at Gusto, Cookridge, mainly due to the convenience of the restaurant being on our doorstep. The lack of other bars or pubs in the area means we often just use the bar seating for a few drinks in the evening. That said, even if it wasn't on our doorstep, I imagine we would find ourselves still paying regular visits as a couple or with friends.

You can't fault the food, atmosphere or service and, if you time it right, the dining club membership offers fantastic value.

Definitely worth a visit for a casual meal or drink out.

GustoC, Manager at Gusto Restaurant & Bar - Cookridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review. Our business thrives on repeat custom, so it is always good news to hear that a regualr customer is happy!

We look forward to your next visit.
Liam Clarke.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place just two things that spoilt it for me, one been the wait for the food and the second been a nice long black hair in my pizza, disgusting!!!! Didn't complain as it was so busy couldn't be bothered to wait in there any longer, definitely put me off visiting again!

I am very sorry to read that you had a negative experience with us at Gusto. Please do call me so that we can discuss your visit in more detail. You can contact me here at the restaurant 0113 2672100.

Liam Clarke.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Arranged a birthday treat here for our daughter, as she had been with friend previously. The decor was nice and inviting, the staff were very attentive and made our daughter feel special for her birthday lunch. The food was fine, no complaints.

The thing that let the experience down was the wine glasses on the table had lipstick marks on, we had to ask for them to be removed, which is such a shame as we had a lovely relaxing meal with a good atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. I am sorry that your otherwise good experience was let down by lack of attention to detail on this occasion. This is something we take seriously and have addressed with staff. However we do look forward to you visiting again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

A lovely venue, great décor, very pleasant atmosphere, we were happy as we sat ready to eat.
We shared a garlic bread pizza and some olives, nice. My wife ordered a Chicken salad and I chose the Spaghetti Carbonara.
Salad was OK, if a bit light on the chicken. My spaghetti was very dry, too dry to eat, but the flavours were good, so I asked for some milk or cream to make it palatable. A small jug of cream sauce with cheese was presented, and I ate happily.
Not the best, but OK.

When the bill arrived, I noticed that £1.50 had been added.
I asked the waitress, and she told me it was for the 'sauce' that I had ordered.
WHAT ! - I had not ordered any extra sauce, I'd asked for some milk or cream to make my spaghetti wet enough to eat.
Not worth making a scene, I paid up and we left.

Tip - If you do ever visit, make sure that check your bill carefully, item by item, because this place may charge you for anything...ordered or not.

2  Thank Ian H
GustoC, Manager at Gusto Restaurant & Bar - Cookridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I am very sorry to read of your recent negative experience at our restaurant. Please do get in touch so that we can discuss the issues raised in person. You can reach me by telephone 0113 2672100 or by email cookridge@gustorestaurants.uk.com

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good idea to have a restaurant out in the suburbs so you don't have to trek to town for a meal out. Lovely-looking interior and attentive staff; however Gusto is overpriced and the food is mediocre for what you pay. Beer glasses were grubby and not cold, they could do with some new ones!

1  Thank Abigail H
GustoC, Manager at Gusto Restaurant & Bar - Cookridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Sorry to read that you were disappointed on your recent visit to Gusto. Please do contact me to discuss this in person. You can reach me by telephone 0113 2672100 or email cookridge@gustorestaurants.uk.com.

General Manger