“Sunday Lunch”

The Cross Keys
Ranked #223 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: All the warmth and friendliness of your favourite country pub, but right in the middle of Leeds. The Cross Keys is located in the up-and-coming Holbeck Village, near the thriving and stylish Granary Wharf. Originally a 19th-century inn, The Cross Keys combines a passion for local British produce, and a love for top-quality beer, wine and spirits. Brought to you by Leeds favourite North Bar, and embodying their dedication to enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff, gorgeous interiors, and a fabulous range.
Reviewed December 24, 2013

What a little gem, had a fantastic lunch with a group of friends.A very warm wecome, nice atmosphere,good selection of beers, and wine,well cooked food.staff were brilliant nothing was too much trouble must be good we stayed for nearly 5 hours.we will certainly returning in the new year

2  Thank kevin c
Crosskeysleeds, General Manager at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed yourself and you had a nice and relaxing 5 hours for lunch with us.

It always makes us happy when people take a whole Sunday afternoon to relax with us.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Fantastic christmas lunch with work colleagues. The cauliflower soup with the little fritters was delicious, and I have not shut up about the oxtail with the bone-marrow scone. Any chance of the recipe ;-)? Service was great, atmosphere upstairs with all the twinkly lights always a pleasure. I did not want to go back to work in the afternoon, I just wanted to waddle off to a quiet corner and have the vat of mulled cider plonked on my table........

2  Thank Vicky M
Crosskeysleeds, Manager at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Thanks for the great review guys x

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked Cross Keys fork my work Christmas meal. Staff were extremely organised and helpful when numbers changed a couple if times, and took care of the seating plan to make service more efficient. Our party if 15 thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas menu and the atmosphere. Will definitely be returning in the New Tear.

1  Thank MichHalifax
Crosskeysleeds, General Manager at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hi,

It is Great to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas Dinner with us at the Cross Keys.

We hoped you like our Christmas wonderland decorations.

It is all the staffs best time of the year and we love sending out Christmas feasts and helping big groups of Friends enjoy themselves.

Thankyou also for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate the feedback.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had steak, salmon and veg crumble
Veg crumble was dry and was sent back. The alternative ham hock with apple sauce was really poor.
The tarragon in the bernaise sauce overpowered the steak. I didn't like the chips.
I don't think the chef has a great palette and I think this place punches above its weight considering the cost of the food.
It gets 1 star for atmosphere which was good.
Shame.

Hi Tom,

I hope you are well.

Firstly i just want to say thankyou for taking the time out to review us on trip advisor.

We are really sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us when visiting.

As a company i want to assure you that we strive for better than that and both positive and negative constructive reviews alike help us to grow and provide a better environment for our valued visitors.

I would really appreciate it if you could find the time to come and visit us again and give us a chance to redeem ourselves. I have sent you a personal message with more details.

Thanks in advance

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Can't honestly think of a way that this pub could be improved. I used to come here a lot when I lived in Leeds and had to visit while I was in town for old-time's sake. It looks well cared for and very prettily decorated inside, the staff were all friendly, very attentive and not pushy at all. Great relaxed atmosphere but efficient staff, excellent music and delicious food (chip butty with beef dripping was gorgeously wrong but right). The best two hours in a pub I've had in ages.

2  Thank Katie T

Hi Katie,

I hope your well and thankyou for taking the time to review us from lovely Clitheroe in The Ribble Valley.

We are Glad that you enjoyed your visit up to the Cross Keys and if your in the Area it would be great if you popped in again to see us.

Ps, My Home Village is Read & Simonstone and i used to go to School in Clitheroe :)