“Boom, or, le boom as zay say”
Review of Kendells Bistro

Kendells Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kendells Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,949 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Came six years ago and loved it but took us a while to come back. Best restaurant in Leeds for atmosphere, service, food and value. Le boom!

3  Thank Bob C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I went on a Thurs evening with my teenage sons on our last night in Leeds. I'd expected it would be busy but it was packed at 7.30. A good mix of families; larger parties & couples. Not too noisy, we could talk without having to shout which makes a change.

Struggled a bit with the blackboard menus until sons helped out by taking photos for me to view. Many delicious things. Snails; bone marrow.

Service was a mix of novices & the more professional. Jess was knowledgeable, friendly & a true pleasure to meet.

2  Thank chavot1964
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I found Kendells Bistro on trip advisor, I was looking for something different for our first anniversary. It was in the top 20 best restaurants in Leeds and with it being French I couldn't resist so I went along to their website and made a reservation for a Saturday night. I left a little comment mentioning it was a special occasion but didn't think too much of it. We arrived at the restaurant and were greeted by the owner who wished us a happy anniversary. We were seated right in the corner so we were unable to see their black board service, however the waitress kindly took a photo of the menus for us, they seemed to do that for most customers. The service was fantastic, the waitresses were all so friendly and polite and even had a little laugh and a joke with us. We received 2 glasses of complimentary bubbly to celebrate which I thought was very thoughtful. The food was outstanding, very nearly Michelin star I thought. The prices were what you would expect to pay for such a nice restaurant, the overall bill came to £52 which included 2 mains, 2 sides (which were ordered separately, the mains we chose didn't come with sides) 2 drinks and a dessert to share! We also received free complimentary home made chocolate desserts. Absolute 5 star and would visit again for another occasion.

2  Thank Nikita M
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ate at Kendells last night, food, service and atmosphere were equal to any restaurant I have eaten in, in France, was great!
Will definitely return!!

2  Thank Martin W
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I shall say zis only once, if you don't eat at Kendells, you are missing the best dining experience in Leeds. Magnifique!!!