“Top Notch”
Review of Kendells Bistro

Kendells Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kendells Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,949 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I ate here with friends at the weekend. The whole restaurant has a great vibe. Wonderful candlelight, beautiful food and a great bottle of Malbec. Our first visit but Im sure we will be back again after such a great meal and evening.

4  Thank oleadam
Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was our second visit to Kendells and we really enjoyed it. We went on a busy Friday evening and enjoyed a lovely meal from the early evening menu. All the staff were excellent but it did feel very cramped in terms of space around tables and we felt 'in the way' of diners as we tried to read the menu board. We loved the décor and atmosphere.

1  Thank Sally R
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Never been here before, but liked the look of the Tripadvisor reviews. Booked a few weeks ago. When we arrived, we were asked were we going to the theatre, to which we replied yes, 7.45. They then promised to have us out no later than 7.15. (It was actually 7.0). Shown a table which we could have, but were told we could any table we wished, which we did.
Staff, brilliant. Welcoming, friendly, attentive, but not intrusive. Knew their stuff.
Food excellent and great value for money. House wine one of the best I have had. Annoyed with myself for not asking what it was. I notice a previous reviewer called the room noisy. I would substitute this with "buzzing". My wife and I loved it.
As Schwartzeneger said "I will be back"

4  Thank EnglandNapperD
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Early evening menu was incredible value. Food was excellent and the service second to none. We were celebrating starting a new business and were provided with complimentry fizz, cakes and loads of encouragement. Will be planning a return visit very soon.

2  Thank G9Stevie
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We requested a romantic table for two when booking and received just that, along with a complimentary glass of bubbly each....a nice touch. Staff including proprietor were extremely welcoming and friendly, nothing too much trouble for them....attentive but not intrusive which for me us the mark of a professional establishment. We both had baked Camembert to share for starter which was well presented and came with various accompaniments. I had fillet steak béarnaise for main which was excellent.....perfectly cooked and best béarnaise sauce I've had. My partner had Guinea fowl and fois gras mousse which was also delicious. The only slight negative was a bit more sauce required for the amount of meat on the plate. Meal was rounded of with two great deserts....chocolate mousse and sorbet and we wandered back into leeds feeling well contented! As I say, we will be back soon - keep up the good work.

2  Thank northernspirit86