“I think I love... ”
Review of Kendells Bistro

Kendells Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kendells Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“I think I love... ”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

On first approach you are hit with delightful scent of rich french cuisine, we were shown to the table by a lovely maî·tre d' and accompanied by an even lovelier basket of bread (despite the previous review who must have caught an unfortunate day) that crackles with each bite!
The fillet steak and the duck with black currant sauce were mouth-wateringly wonderful but could only truly understood by a worth while visit, however you are likely to experience a different delight as they change the menu every other day; an idea that brought a tear to my eye!
All in all, the food wonderful, the service charming and my appetite entirely satisfied we left in love with Kendells bistro!

west yorkshire uk
“Excellent - pity about the bread!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended to me. The food was excellent, service very good & the house red wine sublime. The only thing that let it down was the French baguette which frankly was passed its best.
I also had the opportunity to view the Xmas day menu, which at £60.00 per person looks fantastic. I now need to persuade my wife not to visit the in-laws this year!
Highly recommended for all types of wallet (theatre goers to excising the company credit card).

“EXCEPTIONAL”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Having almost gone on several occasions this was our first visit to Kendells bistro.
We certainly won't be leaving it long before we return.
The four of us arrived on Friday evening wet through from the rain and were promptly seating at a slightly drafty table next to the toilets. But thats where the negative elements of our evening started and finished. The atmosphere the food and the value for money were of the very highest order. I know it is not the cheapest resteraunt in Leeds but you pay for what you get. It felt equal or even superior to eating in a real high end establishment without the extortionate prices. There was no service charge and no extra hidden charges for bread, water etc. that you find in many places and the complimentary amuse bouche was a delight.
Finally I must mention the service - which was exceptional both the waitress and waiter that served us were friendly, knowledgeable and struck the perfect balance of being attentive without being imposing.
Thanks Kendells we will be back

Paul Wood
Pickering

Leeds
“Almost perfect ... except for the noise!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Like all the other reviewers, I'd have to agree the food is fabulous - intelligently created and thoughtfully cooked - the service is faultless and the decor is stylish and memorable. However, I won't be going back. Surely I'm not the only person out there that sees a 'fine dining' experience as comprising great food, good wine, stylish surroundings AND stimulating conversation. I've now been twice and have to conclude it is impossible to hold a conversation across the table, and almost impossible to hold one with a person next to you. And it is pricey. If you are there early enough for the 3 courses for £25, fine. If not, 3 courses with be £40+ and for that price, there are plenty of alternatives. If your idea if a great night out involves having to shout in between mouthfulls or just eating in silence, then do try Kendell's; at least there is nothing to distract you from the food! But if you like your dining just a bit more civilized, I think Kendell's will disappoint.

2 Thank 501Chris
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Stunning food!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved this restaurant, the food was stunning, the ambience was perfect and the wine was delicious! A fantastic dining experience. I will be visiting again in a couple of weeks and I cannot wait, very excited!!!