“You really do need to go here”
Review of Kendells Bistro

Kendells Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kendells Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,950 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Kendalls is without doubt one of my favourite places to eat out. The atmosphere is always good with minimal interruption to conversation by the staff meaning it feels intimate and special every time you go.

The food is good value, high quality and very tasty! The dining room is chic opulence with burning candles, soft hum of conversation and delicious smells

2  Thank Juliebol
Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly welcome from lady on reception. Happy with the table. Food was very filling and it was delicious. Cheesy garlic potatoes were amazing as was the beef Wellington. Would try something lighter next time but we really enjoyed the evening. Only negative was the heat in the restaurant so will wear something skimpier next time!! Will definitely be back when next in Leeds.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Leonard Cohen postponed his concert last night so we decided to spend our evening at Kendells instead. We had a fantastic meal. Can't fault the place. Lovely welcome, charming waiting staff, delicious food, nice décor, good wine and great value! Really recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner or for a buzzy meal with friends. Three years since my last review and they're still getting it bang on!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm disappointed that I've lived in Leeds for 7 years and last night was the first time I had been to Kendall's Bistro. The reason was for my best friend's birthday and thanks to TripAdvisor I found this gem. I love French food and the menu was fantastic. There were so many dishes I would have loved to order but I settled for the black pudding to start and then the roast duck breast, both were delicious and there was great feedback about the calf's liver and lamb chump too. The sorbets and lemon tart we squeezed in afterwards were also lovely. The restaurant was thriving with a great atmosphere. Our large table was right in the middle and offered a great view of the blackboards. The service was fantastic, attentive but not at all overbearing and the small additions of the fresh bread and amuse bouche of gazpacho were thoughtful and well received. Kendall's is a well priced restaurant because the prices reflect the quality of the food on offer. I have no issue with paying slightly more when the food is this good and it's still well priced in relation to other similar quality restaurants in Leeds. The four of us had a lovely evening at Kendall's and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We dined with friends on a mid-week evening. As usual, this quirky restaurant was packed with discerning diners who recognise wonderful food at great prices. The service was exemplary and it is so refreshing to be served by young waiters and waitresses who so obviously have a pride in their job. Steve Kendell, the chef/proprietor turns out beautiful dishes made from great ingredients cooked with care and passion. Other restaurateurs should take note as Kendell's is masterclass in how to run a successful enterprise. As near perfection as it is possible to get!