“great food in very nice atmosphere”

The Watermill Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 1,857 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Watermill Restaurant served a wide variety of menus throughout the day providing Freshly prepared excellent quality menus using the finest locally sourced produce. Delivered by a dedicated friendly team.
Cranbrook, Canada
“great food in very nice atmosphere”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

great food, reasonably priced.
very friendly 'professional' staff , a good place for food at anytime.

Visited March 2014

Staffordshire
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Lovely meal from a fixed price menu, the specials board is changed daily. Only suggestion would be to maybe have a little more vegetarian choice. We ate here while staying at this great hotel. A lot of diners were only there to eat and weren't hotel guests which we took as a good sign.

Visited February 2014
Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Food quality and portion size is excellent, also well priced. Wine a little high if I am to be honest

Visited February 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Superb....just needs a little bit more”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My fiance and I ate here for the first time this evening.

From the outside the hotel doesn't look anything special. Inside the restaurant is clean with a nice decor and warm and welcoming. The atmosphere is really relaxed and serene. The toilets were nicely decorated and immaculately clean with fully functioning facilities.

The menu isn't vast but there is a good selection of varied dishes in my opinion. For our food we ate yorkshire puddings in an onion gravy and a 'little Italian platter' to start, lamb and lemon and herb chicken for the mains with a side of amazing dauphinoise potatoes and for dessert poached pear and a chocolate truffle cake both with vanilla ice cream. The dishes were really well presented and the food was delicious. The accompaniments to the dishes were really well selected, e.g. dressed salad and new potatoes with the chicken and brandysnap with the poached pear. The portions appeared slightly on the smaller side but satisfied our appetites so our eyes must be bigger than our bellies! The only thing I would say is that my poached pear was a little on the small side, I could have definitely eaten a bigger one.

The only thing that stopped me reviewing this experience as excellent was the service; there was nothing 'wrong' with it however, it lacked any personality or warmth. We had two waitresses serve us and neither smiled during our interactions nor left us with any pleasantries - e.g. "enjoy your meal", asked how the food was when we'd started the mains or thanked us for our custom as we paid and left. For a meal that isn't cheap (not that I would describe it as overly expensive either) I would have liked better service.

I will definitely be back for the food and atmosphere and hope that the staff are abit more personable on our next visit.

• Visited January 2014
MAIDSTONE, KENT
“Fab meal in lovely hotel”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Food cooked to perfection. Reasonable prices. Large portion sizes and fab atmosphere. Highly recommended!!

Visited December 2013