“Good choice of food, well cooked”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Henry's Bar & Cafe - Leeds - CLOSED

Cuisines: Bar, International
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Good choice of food, well cooked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ate here twice on our trip to Leeds, bt times early evening (6ish). The whole bar was very quiet, partly because we were early but also Greek Street was closed due to building refurb opposite, which was affecting all the eating establishments in the road. As we were eating as a fmaily rather than on a night out this didn't bother us. We were seated at the back away from the "pubby" area.

The burgers were very nice - first time I had the regular burger, which was delicious. the second time I had chicken breast burget with brie and cranberry - slightly too much cranberry, which made it a messy eat. The chips were excellent. The rest mostly had burgers as well - I'm sure one of us had something different which was equally good, sorry I can't remember!

we all had desserts, ranging from apple crumble and ice cream, brownie and ice cream and a banana caramel sundae thingy. Again, all very nice. Service was good, and there is an excellent cocktail and wine list as well as usual drinks. We had a Gourmet Society card which gave us 25% off the total bill, making it excellent value.

• Visited April 2013

“What a dump!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to Henry's bar for my leaving do. What a mistake. They charged me 4 pound a pint and even though I'd be drinking in their establishment for several hours randomly refused to serve me, then someone else served me, then refused to serve me again but allowed me to stay in the pub. The place is so pretentious it's untrue and thinks its something which it clearly isn't. The staff are rude and arrogant. I advise anyone to avoid like the plague.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank WRleeds01
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We booked for early supper but on arriving realised that whilst this has reviewed well, and I am sure the food is as people say, the atmosphere at 6:30 is booming music, a beery smell and loud groups of people (having a good time!) - so this review is poor not from the perspective of the food, or service (they understood the atmosphere wasn't for us), rather that this isn't a place for a gentle per-theatre supper in pleasant surroundings.

• Visited March 2013
South Yorkshire
“Never lets you down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Four of us spent a Saturday afternoon in Henry's celebrating two birthdays and what a great time we had. Reasonably priced cocktails to start with and they were fabulous. Decided to pass on the starters but for mains chose minted lamb burger, pulled pork burger, green Thai prawns/cod and belly pork. Not a morsel was left on all four plates and I can tell you that two of the party are the pickiest eaters ever to draw breath! Half of us declined dessert but it seems the apple and ginger pudding and vanilla cheesecake both hit the spot. After finishing off the wine there was no option but to have yet more delicious cocktails. All in all it was good food, served well and at a reasonable cost. If we lived nearer I think we'd be there every week. ;-)

• Visited February 2013
cumbria
“good atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Enjoyed a pleasant evening in HENRY,S nice atmosphere comfortable seating and good service my wife and i had a couple of bottles of Rose wine at £9.95 a pop which is not a bad price for that area of Leeds.Worth a look if your in the vicinity.

Visited November 2012