“Fabulous fun night at the 90s boyband :)”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Attended the 90s boyband night with the girls from work... Boys and singing were great, a nice good looking bunch of lads who could all sing and looked the part everyone had a great time and would defo recommend them... A couple of negatives for the hotel dance floor needs to be larger even if just along to the door entrance .... The food was medium chicken was dry and too much cream the crumble was far too sweet so we all left ours ..the ladies loos could do with a midway clean as the hen party staying from ellesmere seemed to be sickly however we did get a discount at £20 per person as one of our party was a village member so was a bargain for a night out .... Have seen the Take That guys in the village in Blackpool and tbh they were total rubbish the 90s boyband guys were fabulous and entertained us making up off the poor food .....

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Leeds South

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 3 rd time , great hotel , good service with above average food. ,
Pool lovely could have had more kids activity
Thanks for good stay can recommend hotel. ,
We stayed for family get together . There were parties and they all seemed to have a great time .

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel and was very pleased as even got a reasonable price for a weekend stay. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable and not noisy as so close to main road. The staff were really friendly and helpfull and a credit to the hotel. The spa facilities was an added bonus. The breakfast was very good and had everything you would want but for some reason I didn't like the taste of the bacon but my partner said he liked it so maybe just my taste preference. We did feel that the bar food was on the expensive side which is a shame. The restaurant which is Italian does get booked up quickly so do not leave it to last minute as may not get a table and you have to drive to find somewhere for food. I was pleased that housekeeping left some clean towels and drink tray top up for us outside our door as we were snoozing and was pleased that we were not left out. I was not worried that hotel was not central as i felt that ten pound taxi into town was cheap and worth paying for to stay in a better quality hotel. There is a shopping mall only a short drive away which was great. I would def stay again and would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: The lighting is a bit dim in the room and it was not a massive room. There was no bath but these thi...
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here one night and have mixed views on the hotel.

Upon arrival the receptionist could not have been more helpful. I asked for a quiet room due to the hotels proximity to the M62. I was given a room on the 4th floor and I could not hear any road noise which was fantastic.

Room - found the lighting to be a bit too dark and I had difficulty seeing the air conditioning controls. It was also full of advertising (for various events at the hotel) which I feel looked very tacky and rather annoying. It was everywhere; any available desk space or shelving was full of it. I've never seen anything like it. However the bed was comfortable and the (rainfall) shower lovely.

Food - thought the evening meal a bit overpriced. £12 for a burger is a bit OTT in my opinion. Breakfast, although self serve was okay. I had a colleague who had already gone to work prior to the start of breakfast and they very kindly made me a sausage and egg sandwich to take away for him.

I would stay here again without hesitation due in no small part to the helpfulness of the staff.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Let me start by showing you how my room was sold to me :

This room measures 247 square feet (23 square meters). Signature bedding, cotton linens, and blackout drapes/curtains invite a good night's sleep. The private bathroom has a shower/tub combination, as well as a hair dryer and a makeup/shaving mirror. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and the flat-screen TV offers satellite channels. A coffee/tea maker is supplied. A desk, a wake-up call service, and daily housekeeping are among the conveniences offered. This room is Non-Smoking

This is what I actually got:
Room was OK but a little small, bedding was grubby, the bathroom had only a shower, NO BATH (which at the moment is important as I have a back injury which is being massively helped by a hot bath before bed) The TV had the basic channels and more 4 and film 4 (as these are on normal digital TV I fail to see how they could be sold as 'Satellite Channels')

I know you probably are summing up who I am around about now, a picky type, when actually I am pretty easy going. I had taken my last day of the year off work for this trip with my partner because I haven't been having the best time of late. I wanted to go somewhere to relax and which would have everything, I was looking forward to relaxing in the jacuzzi and having a swim to get some mobility back with my spine and enjoy a nice chamomille tea from the Starbucks before watching some TV and getting ready for dinner...

This is how it actually went:
Got in to the hotel and we checked in ok, got up to our room and was a little disappointed at the lack of a bath, hairdryer etc, but oh well... I thought a swim would brighten my mood (you have no idea how much I have missed exercise so a swim is perfect!) oh, great, childrens lessons for mst of the evening at the pool so lane swimming only (not exactly suitable for someone with a dodgy back to be lane swiiming and impeding others) Nevertheless, I went for a jacuzzi and sauna etc... which were nice enough.

Went back to the room, nothing on BBC1, 2, ITV C4, 5, More4 or Film4 so I guess I will have a shower and relax... (a bit un-nerved at the body hair on the bedding seeing as my partner and I have absolutely none!(

Got ready to go to dinner, at this point my back is more sore than ever with the swim and the extremely uncomfortable bed and walking the length of the corridor because we were at the far end of the hotel (granted if I had told them about my back upon booking they may have allocated us a closer room) We thought we would eat inside he hotel (there is a pub and an italian/mediterranean on site) The pub was overrun with people drinking before going on a night out so there were no tables to eat at and so we decided we would go to the italian which had no tables left. Great news. Happy happy I have to now drive in to the city... Luckily upon googling restaurants close by I saw one with good reviews called the chilli lodge. My boyfriend decided we should get a taxi and so it wasn;t too bad, although the expense of £10 because the hotel couldnt accomodate us did not make me happy.

We returned and upon looking forward to a Starbucks Chamomille tea before bed (because I was in agony and wanted something to help relax me) I was told when I went to the counter 'Sorry luv, we cashed up early tonight.' *sigh* I walked away and settled with an in room cup of tetley.
Went in to the room and it was like stayng in the ice hotel. Put the heating on, settled down to watch grand designs (was the only thing on their 7 'Satelite TV' channels) in a hoodie and pair of sweatpants under the duvet. After Grand Designs at 10pm I was starting with a horrid headache and we decided to go to sleep, hoping tomorrow would bring a better day. Lights go off, snuggle down fully clothed with an ice block of a boyfriend clinging to me for any bodyheat he could rob me of when all of a sudden there is a horrible, ridiculously loud noise coming downstairs. This turned out to be some band butchering perfectly good music in the bar area. by 11:30 when it finally stopped, my headache was a fully blown tear enducing migraine. Who puts live music on under rooms with people staying in them?! I mean common sense people, come on!

We awoke the next day to be pleasantly surprised by breakfast. Although the tea and coffee taste like dishwater, the food was rather nice. We had a great day in Leeds and even booked a table in the restaurant for dinner upon our return. There wasn;t much to write home about after this apart from the freezing cold draught in the restaurant. They leave the doors open (understandably to show the restaurant is open) but there was zero heating on and i was frozen the whole time, meaning my back was sore after 10 minutes. The next day when having breakfast (after a 20 minute wait which I found ridiculous... surely a hotel has ample space for its guests to dine on breakfast? I understand that at dinner it may be busy with public but at breakfast you have plans you dont want to be late for!) it was freezing again even though I was in my coat and jeans. Although this isn;t a massive surprise because the room didnt heat up at all with the heat on full blast. Maybe its the ridiculous metal window frames which take up a whole wall??

Room Tip: If you want excellent, go elsewhere! Otherwise there is an 'upper deck' option for £20 more...
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My partner & I booked this hotel for a weekend away based on the reviews here and price. Enjoyed our stay, used the leisure facilities which were excellent (well equiped gym and lovely pool etc.) and had a super breakfast (all you can eat choice of full english and/or fruit and cereals, fruit juice and tea/coffee). Rooms were quite small and dark but very comfortable. Enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

A modern, well equipped large purpose-built hotel just off the M62 at Morley, The Village Hotel Leeds South was the perfect place for our one night stay this weekend.

The massive gym is excellent, one could easily spend hours in there, coupled with a great pool area with sauna, steamrooms and hot tub.

Our room (standard double not the "upper deck" was extremely comfortable and luxuriously appointed throughout. Great bed, and an awesome bathroom.

Didn't find the room too dark at all as other reviewers have complained, the wardrobe however was lacking a light.

To echo a few commonly raised negative points, there is too much advertising in the room, for either the upper deck rooms or their italian restaurant downstairs - give it a break!

We ate in the Italian Vito & Vinnys, and their "2 dine for £29" menu was a good offer. Staff are encouraged to be on the hard sell of extras though, breads, desserts, bottled water instead of tap etc.

B&B rate was only £10 more than room only, and breakfast was well worth it, seems plenty of guests take it up though, think it's extremely busy at times. Good hot breakfast options, plus plenty of fruit, cereals etc.

Would stay again and recommend to others, would be happy to stay in any other De Vere Village hotels too.