“fantastico”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed March 5, 2013

ok we went through deverve there site , got a good deal for two nights , first night we got 3 course dinner wat was excellent, service was great , meal lots of it ,, reception was great too we got straight in our rooms i was in first floor , 110 and sisters were in 102 so not far a way , i add wet room and a double bed a flat screen tele,, bed was very comfy , sun we add breki , 7-30 to 11 as much as u want breki , dont go too late though as u ave to queue , but still ok , on the sunday , we booked our carvery as it gets very busy , for 4-30 wat was great for us , as breki was big , the carvery oh my god a mazing , 5 course for 13-95 , pp , wen we book in we got abooklet with offers on so first round was free ,, money of meals wine , and spirts , after dinner we went in the pub at the end , do deals and food anda quiz night , wat wa fun we got bottle of hp brown sauce ,,,, winners got 50 quid , every one was great , staff work hard , and very nice swimming pool gym , jazcuzzi spa bikes u can use on the sat not a chance as locals come in but we went to rewind and we did met sum lovely people it was 10 mins from train station too 15 pounds going cause of football traffic , but going back was 8 pounds , defo going back , meals food drink brill , house wine on bar r 10 pounds .so buy from the wine list cause we add both and house was better, we got good deal of 106 per person , so two nights 3 course meal , and two brekis ,if we wanted to stay a extra night it would of been 59 extra a room ,, but defo look on village hotels for deals , theres a outside where u can smoke too , security man on at night ,defo ask for book of vouchers gives u money of drinks and meals and nex time u book ,

Room Tip: first floor , i was in 110 brill room with walk in wet rooom easy to use , theres no drawers but ple...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lorralaughs
There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Leeds South

Reviewed March 5, 2013

3 of us had a girly weekend & found almost everything to be great the rooms were warm & cosy with tea coffee tray,hairdryer,iron &board & flat screen t.v the only thing missing for us was a fridge & the for the room to be better lit.We found the restaurant to be good but a little expensive if not on the b&b & meal on first night deal service was also good.We also did have food in the victory pub they did do some deals on food &drink like buy 2 glasses of wine get bottle for £10.70.plus the portions were big.WE did find the pub very busy on the Saturday p.m with families with small children There is a starbucks & there is nice seating areas to relax but it does get busy at weekends.There is a large swimming pool sauna & gym but there is a lot of people use the facilities from out of the hotel.This hotel is about 5 miles from leeds centre & cost us more going to the hotel than our return trip we were told when leeds are playing at home the taxis have to go a long way round so cost us £14 out £9 return.almost forgot the buffet breakfast was good but did have to queue on the sunday a.m.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DerbyHolidaysue
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just spent two nights at this hotel, no special occasion, just a weekend away from the usual. I have to say I was less than happy with the experience. We went for the two nights with Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal. On the first night we ate in the Restaurant, which was a really poor affair... food was "ok" but my god the service was a joke! I watched a young waitress go to clean a table and literally pick up the salt & pepper pot and throw them into the chair, the salt bounced off the chair and rolled across the floor... one of our party asked what the flattened steak was, she was told it was "steak" that was "fatty"... okay we wont have that then! I had the mussels to start... this was a bowl of empty mussel shells some of which did have have a tiny mussel in there.. the rest were floating around in the sauce in the bottom of the bowl... the shell to mussel ratio was miles out! I complained and was offered a free drink... I refused graciously! The next night we ate in the bar..... which was far better... but...lets talk about the bar... this is the place the local half wits gather... to drink their lager, shout, swear, cackle like idiots and feed their kids chips and chicken nuggets while they get blotto! Then there was the ventilation in the room, the noise on the first night was like steam escaping from a pipe, from dusk till dawn to the point where I nearly put on my clothes and headed down to reception to complain... but being as it was 3am I knew I would be wasting my time... the noise stopped the next night.. which was a bonus. Lets move onto the 3 trays of food left for nearly 8 hours on the corridor floor, some of which was milk and cereal... you can imagine the smell... not good, I complained at reception... which sorted the issue. The queue for breakfast was up to 30mins... bear in mind the breakfast is all you can eat for £4.50 Mon -Sat so it attracts more numptys from the surrounding area! Anyway, to cut a long story short... if you want a alcohol filled weekend and dont mind being surrounded by total knuckle headed half wits... its good value for money... otherwise, choose something better. Marks out of 10...... 5.... and thats being generous!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have just come back from an overnight stay and have to say what a fabulous experiance myself and my wife have had i had booked in order to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Friendly staff throughout this establishment,quality food at reasonable prices,I personally used all the facilities and could not find fault.

I upgraded to a Upper Deck Double and could not fault the room,Very comfy LARGE bed,amazing shower in a very well equipped bathroom(which was spotless)Large tv will sky channels and an ipod dock,only negative was the room could have done with a clock.The room we had looked out onto motorway However never heard any noise.

The reception staff were fantasic i used a local florist to deliver some flowers to the hotel as a surprise for my wife and this was done for when we checked in.

Downstairs are two bars and a restaurant and a starbucks.

Made good use of the gym,pool,steam room and sauna which i add were also very clean and tidy.

Would recommend and would stay here again

Room Tip: Choose an upper deck room for that bit more luxury and request 3/4 floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here last year after my first choice of De Vere Village North was fully booked for my choice of weekend. Rooms are nice- basic, but well laid out, with bathroom, large windows, television etc. This hotel is much more simply laid out that it's northern compatriot- simple route to get to your room! Bar, restaurant, Starbucks- all fantastic with friendly and helpful staff. Spa and pool are clean, modern, well-laid out and very relaxing. Parking is good, straight in front of the hotel and free. Altogether a lovely place, and a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed here a number of times and I am still struggling to find a fault. The staff are very friendly, the rooms are beautiful and very comforting, parking is free, you get access to the spa facilities, delicious breakfast with a wide variety to choose from. It isn't the best location if you are visiting Leeds centre, but for what I need it is perfect, with the White Rose Shopping Centre nearby. It is very good value for money and I will continue returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KateV90
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here as a family lovely modern rooms, we used the pool which the kids loved. The evening meal was very nice. We had a lovely weekend away. It is very close to M62 so easy to access. Overall was a nice experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family