“Wonderful example of a Victorian boozer, but if just in for a pint, you do pay for the privilege”
Review of The Adelphi

The Adelphi
Ranked #131 of 1,982 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Walk through the big Victorian doors and prepare to be wooed by this popular Leeds local. Sumptuous period touches combined with contemporary flourishes and a diverse clientele create a friendly, alternative vibe that tempts people back again and again. As Tetley Brewery's original flagship pub, The Adelphi has impeccable cask ale credentials, with a great selection of three local and two guest ales that rotate weekly - and four individually decked out rooms in which to savour them. Plus we've always got something up our sleeve to keep you entertained.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

A fine example of a preserved Victorian interior and the Adelphi is worth a visit for that alone. A collection of different rooms radiate out from the central serving area, each with their own character and feel. I cannot comment on the food as we were only here for the beer, and in that respect there are usually some local ales on the available four Real Ale hand pumps, and alongside TT Landlord, Ilkley brewery The Norseman and Pale and Storm from the Leeds brewery were on for our visit. The Leeds brewery beers were well kept and pleasantly supped in excellent surroundings.
In fact the only thing not right about this place is the pricing policy. Although I take one of the previous reviewers points about cost being dictated by imposed overheads, £4.00 a pint was even eye watering for a cockney. And as the same Leeds Brewery beers were available in other City Centre pub outlets a short walk away at significantly lower cost I don’t think you can blame the Government totally for the high cost of a pint in the Adelphi.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Anyone moaning about price/value for money here obviously has no understanding of the cost of rent/overheads/quality food and alcohol duties increased by the GOVERNMENT. This place is a right gem. Great food and ideal service. Even when something goes wrong it has been dealt with so professionally I am only left feeling impressed. The burgers are spot on, arguably the best in Leeds. Cannot fault it. And if you don't want to pay a bit extra for your pint, don't drink in a city centre!

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I visit the Adelphi often because you always find friendly staff, the foods good and it has a nice atmosphere. The surroundings are unique to the Adelphi, other cafes and bars in leeds try to try to recreate it but the Adelpi's is original. They also have extra entertainment from time to time, like comedy nights, cupcake decorating and my favourite cheese tasting!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Everything more then perfect!
This Pub is really to recommend if you search for a typical english old and nice pub. It will fullfill your expectations!
Every room has its special flair, one room is not like the other.
The service is excellent and really friendly and the sunday roast we had was great in value and in taste! Good Ales, Beers, Ciders and Food! They let us try a couple of local Ales, till we could decide what we wanted!Really great, thank you for that!
I just can recommend this Pub for everybody to get an impression of the typical english flair!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I've beeen for a drink at The Adelphi twice in the last couple of weeks and am not impressed. The first time i was charged £6 for a pint and half of Landlord. The second time i got a pint of Leeds Pale which was £4. I've had Leeds Pale in a few pubs in Leeds and it's one of my favourite beers but The Adelphi's was very poor. I had to send the first flat pint back and the second wasn't much better.
It's a lovely pub with a nice atmosphere but i'm afraid the quality and price of the beer does not back it up. I have it on good authority the food is great and a couple of guys on the next table got a burger each which looked fantastic.
I would like to return to sample the food one day but if i'm out for a few decent beers then there's too many other decent pubs serving decent beer at realistic prices.