“Winner of the restaurant of the year 2013”

Blackhouse - The Grill on the Square
Ranked #87 of 1,885 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Well by our survey of 11 restaurants in the Leeds area anyway.

Every year for 11 months of the year we try in eat in a different restaurant, We try and keep the the majority of them new however will occasional go back after good service a couple of years ago. This was our first time to to the Blackhouse for a few years and was not disappointed. The food and atmosphere was excellent.

The Blackhouse won our coverted prize of a second vist of the year for Christmas on the 14th December. Thankyou to the staff and management team for making our visit special. Lets hope it as good next time and if so we will be back in 2014.

There are newer reviews for Blackhouse - The Grill on the Square

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had visited the Blackhouse in Chester having not heard of them before, so when we saw there was one in Leeds we decided to go. We booked a table for 2 on a busy Saturday night and were shown straight to our table. The interior is very nice, with a great atmosphere. The food, as in Chester, was excellent - i opted for a different steak and it was very good indeed. But the real highlight was the tuna steak from the specials menu that my girlfriend had. She was torn between that and the lobster and after a discussion with our (very friendly and helpful waiter), decided on the tuna. Good choice too, i tried a bit and all i can say it that it was superb. She really enjoyed it and, along with a piece of cake and glass of prosecco for her birthday courtesy of the restaurant, left extremely happy. A great meal, and special mention to the staff who were excellent.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Went for my birthday last night. Restaurant has gorgeous interior and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. My thai fishcakes were beautiful. However, my fillet steak was a little small for the price (£22+). Although it did taste divine.
Not a fan of the chips, they tasted a bit funny, maybe they'd been cooked in dripping? But that's just personal taste. Next time I'll get the mash or baked potato.
Fab service.
Overall, I was pretty impressed.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had one of the best steaks I have had in a long time, washed down by 2 reasonably priced bottles of Malbec. There is a live pianist in the evening who was excellent and makes it a lively, bubbly atmosphere. I will definitely go again when I'm in Leeds

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Four of us popped along to the grill last night to wish my sister success in her new job down in overcrowded London.

The restaurant is in a great location and is laid out splendidly, with lighting that creates a most ambient feel. The service was excellent, you could tell the staff are well trained and highly professional (yet also good humoured- as demonstrated when they accidentally brought out custard instead of cheese sauce to go with my darlings steak!)

The food was delicious (we all ordered various steaks with home cooked chips) - a meat lovers dream.

We left with a smile from the receptionst who fetched our coats from the cloakroom for us.

A close call for a 5/5 rating, but I reserve such an accolade to only those meals which blow me away. Nevertheless, a highly reccomended establishment.