“Absolutely amazing, best restaurant in Leeds”
Review of Caliente Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Only Open Wednesday to Saturday evenings
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant for many years now and the staff are always lovely and the food simply sublime. I have heard a couple of comments about the owner but I have only ever seen him get upset with aggressive and rude customers, obviously I could be wrong but we have only ever found him personable and extremely generous. The chilli and nachos have already been commented upon but I have yet to have a bad meal of the menu.

If you are in the area, or even in the centre, it is worth the small journey up to Headlingly to sample the delights of one of the best restaurants in the city.

1  Thank SMALowe

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Went for the 1st time after being at the cricket at Headingly with some locals and they were really talking the cafe up. Have to say that i agree with them. The staff were very helpful, great cocktails and the food was brilliant. I had the chilli and have to agree with the other comments about how nice it was.

All 8 in our party really enjoyed the food. If i was a local i would defo be a regular here.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I always find myself returning to Caliente Cafe be it for a romantic dinner with my boyfriend or a birthday celebration. The food has never disappointed and is the most authentic I've ever had outside Mexico. We went this month for my sister's birthday and as always loved the friendly atmosphere, relaxed vibe and especially the food. The menu is extensive so you can never be bored but for me you can't beat the enchiladas. Fabulous!!!

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I agree with jimmy about calientes chilli it's the best I've ever had, but I think that their home made chicken nachos are superb. I've been going to Caliente for about 11 years now and they've always been the best not at all like the bought in nacho chips other places use you can taste the quality with these. I also believe they are changing it to Latino grill with a new wider menu which I'm looking forward to trying.
Keep up the good work guys :0)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Was in here the other day with the missus. Nice warm restauraunt with a very cosy feel. But wow....the food! I had the chilli! Proper chunks of steak, cooked perfectly and full of flavour!! Even the cabbage it came with was perfect! The missus loved it and she hasn't eaten cabbage in years!
Will be back very soon!