“A really great evening”

Teppanyaki Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant. Sit around our teppan hot plates and watch as our chefs skilfully cook your food in front of you, using their theatrical skills, juggling, flipping and with a dash of fire, your meal is prepared for you before your very eyes.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We visited here on a Groupon deal as we wanted to introduce our two teens to the delights of Teppanyaki. I was a bit dubious as we have been stung with Groupon restaurant deals too often.
Our fears were unfounded. We sat in the bar area whilst our order was taken and then we went through to the restaurant. We had one of the fixed menus, with a lovely fresh crispy salad to start, followed by a selection of lovely tasty Japanese appetisers and then a bowl of Miso soup. The waiting staff were friendly and efficient. The fun really started when the Teppanyaki chef arrived - food theatre with a good handful of slapstick comedy thrown in! The food was delicious and the portions were generous. We had a mixed chicken/steak and got plenty of meat. A neighbouring couple of dinners went for the scallops/tiger prawn/salmon option and it looked and smelled very good indeed!
In summary, both the food and the service were really good.

1  Thank Scarymamma

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food delivered well. Nothing to let it down. The chef was probably the best teppanyaki chef I've seen and was lots of fun. My 'house special' was excellent.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had originally booked Wasabi Teppanyaki, but arrived for our meal only to find that it had closed down- repossessed I think :( Such a disappointment but found this Teppanyaki on the other side of town and luckily they were able to fit us in at short notice. All I can say is WOW!!! Food and service were impeccable- what an amazing show and atmosphere and my food was cooked to perfection. I cannot fault any part of the meal and I can't wait to go again soon

Reviewed July 21, 2014

So pleased to see this gem thriving, we visited for a works do and had an experience to remember. I actually recommended this place to my colleagues, they had heard great things about this place and were up for eating here. We booked in on a busy weekend night, the restaurant was in full flow, I was quite surprised that staff remembered me from a previous visit, this little acknowledgement only pays true testament to the great service the staff/owners give, just a little gesture speaks great volume... as a few of my colleagues hadn't eaten Teppanyaki before, they asked for some help with the menu, the staff here are amazing, they took care of my colleagues, answering questions and helping with allergy requests, they couldn't do enough for us... I must say I am so pleased this place is busy, they bring a new dimension to customer service. One of my colleagues commented that she hadn't expected such good service, she mentioned she had visited another hot plate restaurant in leeds and was so shocked and overwhelmed by the bad service she received there that she was reluctant to come here, rest assured she will definitely be back, she stated she can not believe she had never eaten here before, she had walked past many times and not realised this hidden gem.... (my lady friend is very difficult to please and to say she has given this place the thumbs up, all I can say is a don't know why I had any doubt my colleagues would be left disappointed by my choice) big thumbs up, toes up to Teppanyaki, your team are immense and are doing a wonderful job.... The chefs were on top form, everybody was having a blast, not just our group but the rest of the restaurant, the waitresses are good too, dressed in their lovely kimono's and being ever so helpful, and the hostesses, such a wonderful welcoming into the restaurant...... Awesome!!!!!

1  Thank HungaryGiant
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my very first experience at Teppanyaki Leeds and it was fun, delicious and had an amazing atmosphere! The lovely staff were very attentive and welcoming especially our cook for the evening. He had amazing skill with knifes, yummy foods and organising games whilst he cooked which entertained all 6 of us at the table. The set menu was brilliant and would fill anybody from tip to toe! I must say I really enjoyed such a lovely evening of food, ambience and giggles. What a great date night!