“nice food but expensive.”

Olive Tree - Headingley
Ranked #295 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

we visited Olive Tree in Headlingly in Leeds today ( 14/7/2013).. we bought a wowcher coupon that costs us £8 but the food value was £20 . that basically includes a starter and a main. my main and starter (greek salad and lamb kleftiko) cost me almost £21 so my order was covered by the voucher. My friend ordered lamb with fruit almost £17, a coke, 2 small lagers,2 desserts and another starter. With the pita bread they bring(even without you asking) and the service charge the total bill was £62!!!!!! Minus the voucher £20 we paid £42. Thats way 2 much !!! and the lamb came without any salad,rice or chips as it usually is served! For the first time our main didnt have anything else apart from the meat on the plate!!!! All that was extra! Its sad because the food is delicious and the staff is great (a very pleasant,kind,and nice looking guy).. the expensive food spoils everything though!!! i dont think i would go back....no matter how friendly the staff is or how nice the food is... its sad.

There are newer reviews for Olive Tree - Headingley

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a groupon voucher which reduced the price by £23, after paying £9 it meant we had a £14.00 discount. This was exactly what we expected from the information on the voucher. We were visiting Leeds and booked the Headingley restaurant (there are three in the chain). As soon as we arrived the manager/ owner was attentive, polite and jocular, making us feel very welcome. My husband had never ventured greek cuisine before but really enjoyed his food, even to the point of saying he would not have his main course again even though it was really nice, as there was TOO MUCH lamb - which is something from a man who loves his meat beyond all other foods and lamb is his favourite. I had sea bass mains which was delicious. We could easily have shared side dishes rather than having our own individual ones. The manager invited us back again as he was prepared to specially bring in my favourite dessert as he was making a trip to Greece! The prices were in line with expectations from a speciality restaurant and whilst there was a service charge, it was in line with the tip I would have left anyway, so I had no problem with the costs. The service was friendly, the staff made you feel very welcome and the overall experience was delightful. All round excellent evening. I cant wait to go again.

1  Thank TGee65
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We purchased the groupon offer for £9 which wasn't very clear as to what you got, but basically they knock £23 off the bill (bearing in mind already paid £9 for the voucher). The menu was pretty pricey for the food you got with average sized portions, was overall quite bland.they also add a service charge onto your bill worked out on what your bill should have been before the voucher so was nearly £5 they didn't ask if we wanted to pay however did state optional obviously didn't want to feel tight and ask for it removing. On a positive the staff were friendly and attentive, wouldn't really visit again was quite a let down.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have visited this restaurant several times as it's "just down the road". I found this visit was good as ever. The food was very excellent portions pretty good - I keep meaning to try a dessert but end up full from starter and main. Maybe next time..

Normally go with a group-on or other discount code. I suspect without one the prices may feel a bit high, but they do often have some sort of voucher deal going.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food was pleasant and the service good but unfortunately my husband made a poor joke on the way in that wasn't taken well by the manager and he was off with us for the rest of the evening. In hindsight I would have left before starting as it did bring a downer on the rest of the meal but as I said the food was good and the waiting staff worked very hard - well done to them.

1  Thank Leeds2012_13