“Was full but didn't want to stop eating!!”

Olive Tree - Headingley
Ranked #276 of 1,932 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 8pm and were shown to a nice cosy little table the staff were very friendly. The house red wine was delicious even though I would usually buy a more expensive one. Our orderes were taken promptly and out starters arrived quickly. Stuffed vine leaves and mixed dips selection, all freshly made and each bit tasted amazing there was plenty enough for a starter and the prices for starters were reasonable, the main courses arrived wiring a reasonable time not too fast but not too slow we ordered l seabass stuffed with spinach and feta and my sister ordered lamb, the sea bass was amazing perfectly cooked and oozing flavour, I was worried that it come without a sauce but no worries on the end it was moist and delicious, the lamb was also melt in your mouth beautifully succulent, for side order we had fries and Greek salad the main courses were around £16 plus we had to order sides separately so not the cheapest but it was worth every penny! We were too full for desert that was the only downside as they looked amazing! We will defiantly return and I hope you all try it too you won't be sorry!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have eaten here before and as we were once more in Leeds decided to call in on the off chance of getting a table at 6pm on a Saturday evening. The staff came up trumps. Although the restaurant was already busy, the three of us were shown to a table provided we left by about 7:30pm. That suited us fine as we had another engagement later that evening. The staff paced our three course meal to give us time to appreciate the excellent food in the time available.
We decided on a fixed price three course menu. £14.95 was all I paid for a tasty sardine starter followed by an above average lamb moussaka and an excellent baklava to finish.
I can't wait to go back to Leeds again!

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Just visited this place on Saturday night( making it our 3rd in a year as only discovered it last year )Didn't book a table hoping that there would be one but next time definitely will book it. As we entered in we've seen they were very busy. We've been greeted by the same person as last time we were here and I think he is a very polite, welcoming person. He asked us to have a drink by the bar and would arrange us a table in 15 minutes, didn't even take that long. Me and my wife both ordered 2 courses each and a baklava to share, bottle of Nussa Butari to wash it down which was recommended by our waiter/greeter/manager. I have to say, we both thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the food, service, ambiance and it was well worth spent £87.00 including service charge.
So thank you for fitting us in and making our night great.
Overall delicious food, faultless service , great ambiance.

1  Thank Waterfatih
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have been here many times as we live locally. It has generally been of a good standard. On this occasion I had the feta and mint filo pastries to start followed by the vegetable moussaka. Both dishes were lovely. My partner started with the hummus and then had sea bass for his main, both of which were again very good. The restaurant itself was busy with a nice atmosphere. The waiter was friendly and attentive. We will keep going back.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Welcoming, attentive and the food was fantastic!!! Our first visit to this restaurant and we cannot fault the menu, quality of food and service. If staying at the nearby Village Hotel, a visit to this restaurant is a must. We didn't book and although they were busy, they accommodated us without a problem. We thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to return on our next visit to Leeds!!!