“It's fairly average”

Zizzi - Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Our Leeds Cloth Hall restaurant is situated next to the Corn Exchange and only a moment's walk from the bustling shopping streets of Leeds town centre. Come to Zizzi to rest those tired shopping feet and eat in our intimate and cosy restaurant with its warm glowing flames from the oven. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Cardiff
“It's fairly average”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It feels like a chain restaurant and the prices are higher than an independent Italian restaurant. Food is acceptable without being exceptional. Desserts are really pricey for what is served. 11 people at 30 pounds a head is at the high end for average food. Staff are good. Attentive, quick and happy to assist.

Visited March 2013

leeds
“love it!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Really love this place! Everytime we visit we're never disappointed. Never had a problem with service and with a range of offers or vouchers available it's always great value. Only ever had one complaint about the standard of food but this was soon corrected when brought to their attention.

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Just dreadful...”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The service was abysmal - from our waiter failing to acknowledge us for around 5 minutes after arrival, to the surly service throughout the evening. The food was vile - I had a chicken breast that had been disfigured and drowned in a cheap oil. No flavours, no redeeming factors, and no interest from the staff. Even with a tastecard I paid far too much for a meal that left me feeling ill. Never again!

• Visited November 2012
Greetland, United Kingdom
“RAW SEAFOOD & APPAULING CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT EAT HERE”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to Zizzi's on Sunday afternoon, it was quiet with about 6 tables of which 5 were couples.
Service was very slow and the chef who was on a break kept leaving the front door wide open so it was freezing.

We had garlic pizza bread to share to begin with. We weren't provided with any side plates and nobody was around to ask so we just tucked in.

For mains I ordered Penne alla Vodka, which is described in the menu as "Classic penne pasta paired with king prawns and peas. Creamy tomato sauce, with a hit of vodka and chilli." £11.95.

It came out and looked like a small ready meal had been slopped out into a bowl and a chef had just wiped some of the splats off leaving a saucy smear around the dish.
I wasn't in the mood to complain so hoped it would at least taste ok.

I soon discovered the peas were well over cooked and was a tad unsure of the king prawns. I cut one open and asked my boyfriend if it was ok to eat. we decided it was just about acceptable as it was hot but as I continued to eat the meal I felt a little uneasy about the prawns. I had one which was jelly like and spat out. I took another and wiped the sauce off and it was still grey and translucent!!! so stopped eating it immediately. Nobody was around to tell nor had anyone checked on us to see if it was ok.

A female manager type figure who sounded eastern european came to clear our plates and asked if it was ok. We told her the prawns weren't cooked properly. She said "oh would you like complimentry tea and coffee?"
to which I replied, No I don't want to pay for it. She said ok but didnt even apologise!! Then instantly brought us the bill.

We paid for the starter, other main (which was also like a microwaved meal) and drinks then left. disgusted with the service.

We will NEVER go back to a Zizzis again! Undercooked seafood is a serious failure and left me feeling queezy all night. The fact we received no apology and were only offered free tea and coffee but still expected to pay for raw food was diabolical.

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

• Visited March 2013
Durham
“Nice food when arrived”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Group of us had pizzas which were nice when they finally arrived after a 50min wait! Service quite poor. Didn't leave a tip due to long wait, but when we paid they didn't bother returning our change anyway!

• Visited February 2013