“Rubbish service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Zizzi - Leeds - CLOSED

Zizzi - Leeds
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Our Leeds Cloth Hall restaurant is situated next to the Corn Exchange and only a moment's walk from the bustling shopping streets of Leeds town centre. Come to Zizzi to rest those tired shopping feet and eat in our intimate and cosy restaurant with its warm glowing flames from the oven. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
“Rubbish service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I attended a surprise birthday party for a friend on saturday night. We were not allowed to buy drinks at the bar which is a first for any restaurant I have ever visited. The service was very slow, unacceptable to have to wait 30mins for a drink and an hour between starters and main course. The table was very cramped, people had to move their own settings to the end of the table just to fit in. When the bill arrived which was approx £400, we were then told we had to pay a compulsory service charge of approx £38! This had not been mentioned at the time of booking or when we arrived. Although the food was excellent, the whole experience spoiled the end of what was supposed to be an enjoyable night. Will not be going to Zizzi's again, very unprofessional.

Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
“Done by the service charge and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friend booked a table for 15 for her partners surprise birthday, firstly when my wife and I arrived couldn't buy a drink at the bar, we were told they would send it over!! When our drinks came, as we were waiting for the other to arrive, most of which we didn't know I tried to pay for our drinks, the waitress told us we couldn't pay we would have to wait for the total bill for all 15!! The rest arrived and we then realised that there wasn't enough room for the surprise birthday boy and his partner, I asked and was told we would have to squeeze up and wait for an adjacent table to finish so we could pull it on to ours. The group ordered drinks which arrived around 30 mins later, the first course then took another 30 mins to come. Then a wait for around one hour for our main course, a terrible service and it was apparant that there was no where near enough staff working. To top it off we got our huge bill which people startd to calculate, bur when added up we were about 40 pounds short, when we re-read the bill it had a 38 pounds service charge on it, we couldn't believe it, we have just had a crap service and they want a service charge? Because we has all tipped as the food was great luckily we scraped enough to pay for the bill, basically they ruined a birthday surprise for my friend none of us will ever go their again. When I spoke to my other friend who booked it they did not state their was a service charge if you booked for over 8 people, that was their excuse on the night, we all felt thoroughly ripped off and will defo not ever go back again, be warned!!

1 Thank Neil T
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Cheeky management!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Called in last night at a spur of the moment, got a really pleasant greeting as we walked through the door. The waitress was more than helpful with us, as we had a large number in our party.
Plenty of choice on the menu food wise, but really lacking on beer selection.
First course was delivered prety quickly, all but 1 came out at the same time, but this was quickly resolved, we had a fair wait for the second course, which wasn't too bad cause it gave us time to catch up with each other. Second course came out all together, and can I say, fantastic food.

But here's where it goes down hill, got the bill. A couple of quid shy of £400 with a "optional" 10% service charge. Everyone on the table paid their share but we where £16 short of the total including service charge. Thinking nothing of this. We paid the waitress, and started getting ready for going, when the management pulled me to 1 side, questioning me about the missing "optional" service charge. I thought this was extremely rude and unprofessional. This is the only reason 5 star's are not given.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Family meal at Christmas after shopping in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I liked the atmosphere in here and the staff were friendly and nice. The food was lovely. They accomodated my grandson and tolerated him after he broke a pepper pot :(

I would certainly go here again and would not hesitate to reccommend this restaurant to anyone - couples and families alike

Visited December 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Good city centre chain-Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Good, professional service from the minute you walk in. Very friendly staff who create a good atmosphere, as does the feature wood burning pizza oven roaring away at the back of the restaurant.

The usual Italian fare, but well done. Good calzone, huge portions of garlic bread, and probably the best olives in Leeds. Great for people watching as well from the large glass windows facing the Corn Exchange. Good Saturday post-shopping spot in the City Centre.