“Warm and welcoming with excellent well priced menu”
Review of Zizzi - Leeds - CLOSED

Zizzi - Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Our Leeds Cloth Hall restaurant is situated next to the Corn Exchange and only a moment's walk from the bustling shopping streets of Leeds town centre. Come to Zizzi to rest those tired shopping feet and eat in our intimate and cosy restaurant with its warm glowing flames from the oven. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming with excellent well priced menu”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This was my third visit to Zizzi Leeds and I know I will be going again.
I first went for my birthday last December - and despite being packed out with Christmas partygoers they made a big effort to make me feel like a birthday girl with a glass of champagne as I walked in and plenty of attention .. and the food was excellent
The second time was on Mothers day when I went back with my family as they had a Mums day deal on .again great service lovely food and a warm and welcoming atmosphere
This last time was a work thing - I don't trust many venues for a business lunch but I knew Zizzi would be on the ball so had no hesitation meeting a colleague with a train to catch recently - and they didn't disappoint
Clearly more happy customers need to register their support and shout the moaners down! This is a top notch bright and breezy city centre venue.

• Visited August 2011

Leeds
“Terrible service, below average food.”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I will never set foot back in any of Zizzi’s restaurants and this is mainly down to the appalling service and below average food we received on 30th May 2011.

We were sat down in just enough time before we started to feel uncomfortable standing around. We waited almost half an hour for someone to come to ask us if we wanted to place a drinks order. During that time we thought best of just ordering drinks and selected our food as well! Another 20 mins later, I was about to get up to go to the bar to find out where our very simple order of a bottle of wine and a soft drink was.....when our starters turned up. After complaining about receiving food before our drinks, they turned up rather quickly. After eating our starters we had to wait at least 20 mins for the plates to be cleared.

During our ‘experience’, my wife and I heard and saw over 5 other tables complaining about various aspects of their so called dining experience. During our time there, we could see approx 20 covers. There were 2 waiters and one ‘manager’ (I use that term loosely). The manager showed no sign of organising her staff or even serving any plates. I did she a few orders taken. One would think that with the number of issues the restaurants had that she would have been all over the floor re-assuring customers and helping her staff out more....

Coupled with the poor service, the pizza that I ordered looked worse for wear. The pepperoni pieces looked like they were straight out of a Tesco pre-packed salami pack and the ham was a horrid processed clump of pseudo-meat. I am very surprised that Zizzi’s – being authentic Italian!!!! – could place food like that on a pizza.

Whilst I understand that Zizzi’s is a cheaper end establishment, that should in no way mean service should be as substandard as it was.

• Visited May 2011
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food, let down by bad service.”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Dined at this restaurant with 14 family and friends for my sisters birthday.
The restaurant was nicely set out with an open kitchen at the back.

The menu, although not huge had a nice selection of meals.
Our waiter looked like he really couldn't be bothered being at work that day, but he took our order and the majority of our food was brought correctly.
The food was absolutely delicious but the service was terrible.

We asked for our bill from who we presumed was the restaurant manager as he was loudly showing someone around the restaurant while we ate.
His manner was slightly offhand but he finally sent our bill over after 10 minutes or so.
The bill included an optional service charge of 20% which we decided really wasn't deserved in any way, although we did still leave a tip.
The aforementioned restaurant manager then had the audacity to stop our party as we were leaving and asked why we hadn't left the full 'optional' 20%!!
This made the birthday girl feel very very uncomfortable and was totally unprofessional.
I would recommend the food here but there are many other equally good restaurants with much better customer service.
In short..don't go out of your way to eat here.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great service and food but a little cold in atmosphere”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

After bad experiences at the newcastle branch I was apprehensive about going here. But the service was good and the food superb so they restored my faith in the dizzy brand. The decor is nice like a log cabin but even when busy it lacked atmosphere

Leeds
“Awful food, overpriced and terrible service!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We visited this restaurant in the hope of decent Italian food. However, the pizzas we had were disgusting, to say the least. I had goats cheese on my pizza, which had the consistency of snot and tasted off. Neither of our pizzas had hardly any tomato base, and as a result were terribly dry. The mozzarella cheese was also rubbery and tasted awful. Further to this, the £3 side salad I ordered, was nothing more than 4 leaves and 2 cherry tomatoes cut in half.

We also ordered two small bottles of peroni, which cost us £3.50 each for the pleasure. Only for the waitress to bring us dirty glasses, complete with lipstick and beer dregs, for our beers.

To be fair to the staff, they didn't charge my for my awful pizza. But I won't be returning to this restaurant, especially not when they charge so much for food and drink. Awful quality at top end prices.