“Christmas lunch with work colleagues 14/12/2012”

All Bar One Greek Street
Ranked #309 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: ALL BAR ONE GREEK STREET LEEDS IS A STYLISH CITY BAR WHERE YOU CAN CATCH UP WITH FRIENDS, UNWIND AFTER WORK OR SIMPLY FIND A SOPHISTICATED SPACE TO INDULGE IN AN EXCELLENT SELECTION OF FOOD AND DRINK.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Christmas lunch with work colleagues 14/12/2012”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Beautifully presented cockail (Cosmopolitan). I ate prawn cocktail, steak, lemon and lime pie with a glass of Prosecco - competently cooked/prepared and all nicely presented. Good atmosphere. Large number of us so we could not all be located on one table. I complimented my colleague who organised this and would recommend to others who desire a central Leeds location.

• Visited December 2012

Hampshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good atmosphere - terrible food!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went to All Bar One, Leeds centre, last Saturday evening, for a Christmas night out and meal with a group of friends. Being a Saturday, It was very busy but had a good, friendly atmosphere. We didn't have to wait long for our table and were given complementary bottles of Prosecco to kick off the evening so I've got no complaints there! The lowlight of the evening however was sadly the meal it's self. I know that it's always a bit of a gamble with Christmas meals... In my experience a lot of establishments make the most of the large customer numbers as an opportunity to cash in whilst serving up poor quality food. The meal at All Bar One however was easily the worse I've had! We had to wait a considerable amount of time for the food which would have been ok if it had been worth the wait... It wasn't. I'd ordered the Pad Thai. The smallest portion arrived. It was cold, the noodles were all stuck together in an unappetising blob, and the vegetables were burnt. The taste was quite undescribeable... Not pleasant. As hungry as I was after the long wait, I simply couldn't eat it. A friend next to me had ordered the stuffed chicken Breast. What arrived was a tiny, dry (and also cold) chicken breast, supposedly stuffed with cheese though we couldn't find any. And served with it was 4 (yes we counted them) sweet potato wedges - it looked like a starter rather than a main. Each meal cost £10 - an absolute rip off! If it had been just the two of us eating out, I would have had no hesitation in complaining and refusing to pay. In the end we begrudgingly paid up, went home and had dinner there! I will certainly never eat in All Bar One again. Perhaps my experience was particularly bad as it had been such a busy night with large numbers eating. But in my view that's no excuse... If they cannot deal with the numbers you'd expect on a week end, they should not be serving food at all.

Leeds
“Fantastic tapas”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Me and the husband been 3 times in last 6months and will go again. We go for the tapas which is really tasty and fresh. It cost £23 for 5dishes which is great value! Great service and decor. We go around 4in afternoon so its quiet and you get served quickly. Not sure how it would be later on though. Lovely little indoor courtyard out the back. Will deffo be returning.

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Dangerous violent head door staff”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

visted here on sat evening with freinds went outside to find another friend on returning head Bouncer refused me entry for no reason (too casual ) when I asked what was wrong ,he pushed me, then again and followed by raising his fist . I felt very threatened rang friends to let them know i couldn't get back in to meet them - sadly for the bar a group of 8 regulars who no longer will be! we have visited here most weekends as really love location but never again and friends wont either, I think because location they think they can get away with it be very careful as very aggressive and violent behavior from one particular door man which i believe worryingly could be the head one !!, When I was talking to some later in another bar i heard similar story......... Don't normally complain and have had many great nights in here but sadly never again just feel I have too because i think this guy will harm somebody one day stay clear until all bar one recognise they have a serious problem.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dr G
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great food and atmosphere. Popular place, but didn't wait long to be served. Very reasonably priced.

Visited August 2012