“Lovely Italian cuisine and great service!”

Bella Italia Leeds Briggate
Ranked #114 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quarry Hill
Description: Bella Italia is synonymous with good quality, affordable Italian cuisine and this Leeds Briggate branch is no exception. Located just moments away from the popular Leeds Shopping Plaza, Bella Italia is the perfect place to stop for a bite to eat at lunchtime or to enjoy an evening meal with loved ones. The outdoor terrace is wonderful during the summertime where you can watch the world go by in Leeds whilst tucking into tasty Italian fare. Dishes include the Fritto Misto (tempura battered prawns, cod pieces and calamari served with fries and a side salad) or the chargrilled sirloin steak with garlic butter, garlic mushrooms, fries and rocket. A little taste of Italy in the heart of Leeds.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Italian cuisine and great service!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I really liked this restaurant. It was very busy but we had booked our table so there wasn't a problem in having to wait for a table. The atmosphere was very lively and vibrant. I was particularly impressed with the food, it was lovely. The service was great and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely go again!

Visited April 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Poor food, much better places in Leeds”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you're wanting a nice evening out in Leeds, there are a number of other (and better!) Italian restaurants to chose from.

• Visited November 2012
“Much better places to go in Leeds”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My friend, her Mother and I went to this restaurant last night. We arrived around 5pm and found we weren't the only ones waiting for a table, which was no problem since it was tea time. There was no waiting area so my group and the group of 3 in front of us had to mill around the doorway, pressing ourselves against the walls to get out of the way of staff who ignored us. We were informed there would be a 10 minute wait to be seated even though i counted 3 empty tables at a quick glance. My friends Mum had vouchers for this place otherwise I'd have left to find somewhere a bit more friendly. Eventually one of the staff members pointed at a table across the room and informed us this was ours, so we navigated over and sat down. The food was not good for the price. I had pate which came with a nice big piece of bread and a lovely chutney and was worth the £4.50. However my main was a chicken salad, which at £9.50 i thought would be a bit better than what it was. It was literally lettuce, croutons and bits of chicken......nothing else. Now i know i ordered a salad but at £9.50 a pop I thought there may have been a lot more to it. Plus bits of the lettuce were browning. My friend's meal looked exactly like the 'just add water' sort of pasta you get out of a packet with some herbs sprinkled on top and her mum's steak came with a simple side salad plonked next to it which cost £16. The staff were a bit rude and condescending. When i asked if the waitress could take my order last cos i was still deciding she retorted 'well since you ordered last yours will be the last meal i bring to the table'. O...K. My friends mum then asked if we could have the candle lit on the table as it had gone out, to which she received quite a snotty response from the waitress. All in all i wasn't impressed with the staff or the food and i wont rush back. There are plenty of better and cheaper places to eat in Leeds and I'd suggest you go there. A short walk from Briggate to Greek Street has an abundence of lovely eateries.

London
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Food was tasty and reasonably priced. Service was friendly and the place had a welcoming and vibrant atmosphere.

Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
“Easy Italian”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

No booking required, even on a Friday night! As usual for a Bella Italia restaurant the food was great, service good and left with a full & happy tum!

Visited October 2012