“Top notch!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Brilliant traditional cantonese food! Very fresh, excellent service! Decor slightly tired, but other than that faultless! Well worth a trip!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Having read glowing Trip Advisor reports about this place, the restaurant failed to impress and I got landed with a large bill for one meal.

The decor inside is minimalistic but clean and tidy. Upon scanning the menu, they did not offer a “meal for one”, so I asked if I could have the “meal for four menu” but for one. The server said this would be difficult, so we agreed to cut down the starter, no duck course and just 3 components for the main; great! The starter was a normal slice of prawn toast (cut into 4 triangles) and 2 small wontons. Nothing spectacular, ordinary but fine. The hot & sour soup was very “chilli” hot and lovely; full marks for that one. Another server then came to the table and said “I’d ordered too much food for one” and asked that I cut down the main to two half dishes and rice. When it arrive, the prawn dish only contained 4 large prawns & some chopped veg and the sizzling beef dish four mouthfuls of beef. It tasted fine, but a bit bland, it didn’t exude flavour. However, the rice was flavoursome. I ate the lot; surprise. For that cut down meal (no duck course and only half the main dishes as advertised on the menu) I was charged nearly £25 (menu price £22 for the full banquet). In my experience that was poor value.

There are better, more tasty Chinese meals to be had in the vicinity, at half the price.

4  Thank machinmad
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Regularly eat here. Fabulous food and excellent service, it couldn't be better . Never been to a better Chinese restaurant, recommend it to everyone and they are brilliant at accommodating special diets eg celiac

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I have only been once but the food was great and the service was fast and polite. Great value for money and I will definitely be returning

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This restaurant has had many excellent reviews so I just had to go and see for myself. My wife and I visit restaurants in the area with our friends Richard and Margaret about once a month. The decor is very smart, new looking and well lit. So many foreign Restaurants are dimly lit, but I like to be able to see what I'm eating. We all had Duck but cooked with something different. I had Duck with ginger and pineapple and my wife had it with scallops and ginger with rice. I don't often have rice and I was surprised to find that they did Chips!, so I had some. We all chose a starter from a comprehensive choice and we were all happy with our choice. The food is well cooked, amply portioned and like most Chinese restaurants the food is kept warm on the table with their usual food warmers. This is a practise that other restaurants should follow. The staff were friendly and polite and made us welcome. We didn't have room for a dessert but there was a good choice of lovely looking sweets. All in all a good experience which none of us could fault. We shall be going again very soon. You must try it !