“Like a little Italy inside”
Review of Amici Ristorante

Amici Ristorante
Ranked #13 of 198 Restaurants in Keighley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of Keighley. With a traditional wood burning pizza oven and imported Italian ingredients providing a taste that is second to none. With sensible and affordable pricing we are a small bustling restaurant with a great atmosphere and a great experience.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place is a real Gem. We live a couple of miles from here but have often been put off due to Keighley's reputation. However, after swallowing my pride me and my partner decidd to book a table for the early bird menu which was simple, but very good and at a reasonable price. Generally the sign of a good restuarant is when you have people from it's nationality eating and there were a plethora of Italians creating a wonderful atmoshpere. It is a buzzing little place and one that should definately be visited if you are ever in the keighley/ Haworth area.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We often visit Amicis and have always found the food to be excellent and very good value. We especially like to visit on Mondays which is "Italian Night" with a lovely atmosphere created by a man with his accordion playing and singing Italian tunes. You can choose from the menu,or have the special "Italian night" 4 course menu which is fantastic value at £9.95 a head. We cannot fault the restaurant for friendly atmosphere and good food. It is my grandchildrens favourite restaurant too. It's excellent value for kids and they are always made welcome. We have tried other restaurants in the areas, but non is a good as Amicis.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Been several times with work, and friends, the food, service and atmosphere is always of an outstanding value for money.
Our first choice every time

Reviewed January 27, 2013

had our first and last meal at Amici on Saturday day night, poor service, poor food, where do start, arrived at 9-45 we were late due to a accident but did phone to let them know, ask waiter what special were, he pointed to board other side of room which i could not see from where i was so had to get up and take a much closer look ( HE SHOULD HAVE KNOW) my starter was 3 battered prawns and squid in my opion def out of a packet, spouse had selection of ham we think, which was hard, again very much dout it was fresh, wine, first bottle red was fine, send was very cold although waiter did say it was cold, but i would not have sold a bottle of cold red wine, he said their were no other bottle of red that were not cold. Main course, spouse had chicken in batter, well you has to see it to believe it DRY it certainly was, i had steak not the best but edible, vegitables well this is when we complained as they were not fresh but frozen, i called the waitress over told her about them, then the waiter came over and said; i have spoken to chef and he said while they only use fresh veg on this occation they had run out and used frozen ones, unbelievable never in all my visit to resturants has anybody admitted they used frozen veg, their was a lot of food wasted, we did get £3 nocked of the bill because of the frozen veg, now believe me when i say i have never ever wrote a report like this but just had to share it will you plus it cost me and my friends £102

1  Thank spartan007
AmiciRestaurant, Owner at Amici Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

OK so where to begin here,
Firstly we have a specials board that is quite large and centrally located in the restaurant, if you cannot read it then our waiters are more than happy to read them to you, but if you do not make this aware to them they don't as standard as we do not make it a policy to read the specials to every table.
Secondly the starters, we do not get anything out of a packet, I do find this quite insulting, but as this was your first visit to the restaurant (and probably your last) I won't dwell on it to much. The prawns and squid are hand coated in flour and deep fried and the meat for the antipasto is freshly sliced everyday. I am not trying to insult your tastes or judgments I am just advising you of our methods.
Thirdly the wine, I did advise you that the house red had ran out behind the bar and the only option for this type of wine was from the cellar which was cold, you said it was fine. I did not say that it was the only bottle of red wine we had left in the restaurant, we have a large selection of red wines for you to choose from, it was your choice to drink that one.
The vegetables, yes we had ran out of a couple of items as we had been very busy that night so had to use the emergency stock, I did remove these from the bill and am sorry as these were not up to our usual standards.
If you meal was dry I do apologize for that, if you had made this aware to me then I could have either exchanged it for something else/ made you a new one/ taken it off the bill, but as you advised me after you had finished your meals there wasn't much I could do about it as there wasn't much left on your plates.
The total food bill came to less than £60, which is less than £15 per head for the 4 of you, the rest was spent on drinks, which didn't include the Irish coffee and the quarter bottle of limoncello I gave you for free.
Overall I am sorry that your first experience with us wasn't a good one and would encourage you to try us again as we do put a lot of effort and passion into the restaurant.
Many thanks
Nick

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My partner ate on a Friday night, the portions are big and the prices are surprisingly low however the food is nothing to write home about, I had a smoked salmon bruschetta which was nice and sea food linguine for main, the clams had sand in them. Hence I only had a little of it. Management reduced our bill. Not the best place I've eaten at and I won't be eating there again.