“a lovely short break in a cosy setting”
other travelers have booked this property
Kitchen View from the lounge of historic Main Street
View from the lounge of historic Main Street
Bedroom 2 with double bed
Master bedroom with views of historic Main Street
Kitchen
Historic Main Street. Apartment is located overlooking the cobbled street.
View from apartment lounge window
Haworth at Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 49 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
SANDRA B
“a lovely short break in a cosy setting”
Reviewed November 10, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Perfect location close to all amenities, and the apartment was charming and comfortable. We will be back in 2018

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed July 8, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
LizH1583
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Really disappointed and would not book again”
Reviewed May 7, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Overall, too many niggles to be a decent place to stay.
The location is good, for a brief visit to Howarth, parking is just over the road at the pub (I found the passage to the rear parking too tricky to tackle).  Easy enough to pick up the key, but the listing should note that to get to the flat you have to climb 2 flights up an external fire escape – so people with young kids/mobility issues will struggle.
Downsides are that the pub (opposite) is really noisy – 2 evenings in (I have a young son so couldn’t go out) both marred by constant loud music and drunken noise until very late.  If you plan on being in the flat in the evening – be aware.  I was brushed off with the ‘it’s a Bank Holiday’ excuse – but that’s irrelevant – it’s a noisy pub!
The photos for the flat do not represent what it’s really like.  I was very disappointed by the standard of the flat and furnishings/equipment.  The outside patio is non-existent; the flat has the pervasive smell from the café below (a very old greasy smell, which made me feel physically sick).  The sofa/chair are filthy, covered in throws and my back is still aching from sitting on them.  The windows need sorting out – many are misted/have condensation on the inside, the bathroom window kept blowing open and was very difficult to close.  The window in the back bedroom had a strong wind blowing through it (around the edge) and it was closed!  The bathroom shelf is wobbly, light cords are tatty bits of rope.  The shower in the back study room is just weird.  The equipment in the kitchen is all old/cheap and didn’t inspire any desire to cook a meal.  The fittings for one curtain fixing disinigrated when I opened the curtain and one just partially fell off the wall. The carpets are stained in the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Generally a flat with ancient décor and signs of neglect in every room.
This was not a cheap place to stay for me – £190 for 2 nights and I genuinely cannot recall staying somewhere quite as unpleasant, for so much money.  So if you just want a central location and plan not to spend any time in the flat (apart from to sleep), this may suit you.  But I would recommend finding a better place for your money.
I left this review on the feedback form for the site I booked this place through - owners response 'nice guests, I hope you had a good stay'...clearly had not read my review and I conclude really doesn't care about the standard of the accommodation.
I took some photos which show the standard of the place - and will try and load these in for reference
What a shame!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed October 13, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Sanderson...
“Mrs”
Reviewed October 9, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I was abit about worried staying here after reading some reviews after I booked but I can't say enough of how clean and lovely my stay was, it was like home from home with lovely comforts in a ideal location on the Main Street, Jason and his staff was very welcoming and helpful with knowledge of the surroundings Bronte landscape. I've already booked again for next year 10/10 for staying somewhere in the U.K. thanks for a lovely stay Jason

I_blackma...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Mr”
Reviewed October 7, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Great apartment with everything you needed, very comfortable and the owner very helpful and good communication, great location and base

markjenny...
Timaru, New Zealand
“Not worth hiring”
Reviewed September 12, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I had an interesting stay in the flat over Emmas cafe while on holiday in the UK. My sister and I booked three weeks in the accommodation to use as a base for our family to visit while we were on holiday in the UK.
ON arrival the windows were open this presumably to try to hide the musty overwhelming smell that greeted us.
This flat needs a major refurbishment, above all it need a through deep clean, the sofa was covered in a blue throw, while adjusting the throw which constantly fell down, we uncovered a badly stained supposedly white sofa..
We were informed that the owner was in hospital during our stay so we wrote to him after returning home with a long list of issues, we also supplied photographic evidence, his attitude was to ignore totally anything we mentioned and would not consider a refund.

The flat is over a cafe, not a single fire alarm or smoke detector was in any of the rooms during our stay . I cannot understand how this flat can be let to holiday makers without this legal requirement being present, surely these places are inspected on a regular basis by law. The only exit was down a fire escape out of the kitchen

After our experience i would not recommend this flat to anyone, I doubt this review will get on trip advisor as my sister wrote a review re this accommodation and it was never listed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Leaving on the last morning
Liked least: arriving after a 35hr flight to stay in this flat
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Sep 25, 2016
I urge anybody reading this slanderous review to look at all the other excellent reviews for this apartment. We pride ourselves on ensuring an enjoyable and pleasant stay for all our guests. We do our utmost best to deal immediately with any issue and have many guests who repeatedly stay at the apartment. However, on this occasion no complaint was made by these guests during their stay (6th Aug to 20th Aug) and naturally we assumed they were happy with everything.
A few days after these guests had left the apartment we received an email from them asking for a full refund. As they had stayed at the apartment for the full duration of their booking without raising any issues their refund request was declined. I would also like to know why they booked the apartment if their sister had previously stayed here as they claim. Lastly, there is a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm installed in the hallway which is regularly checked.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing