“Sweet place, good find!”

Aitches Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Haworth
Aitches Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haworth
merseyside
“Sweet place, good find!”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Thank goodness I ignored previous comments on this guesthouse. We stayed two nights and found it to be fine. The guesthouse is on the main street which takes advantage of great restaurants and access to the moors. I went with my husband two children and mother in law. We all had a great time. The attic room is up a steep staircase, but does have a sky light. The owner was very accommodating putting a small camp bed in the room for our son. The rooms were clean and bright and the breakfast was certainly better than some hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
England
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Although specifically asking about the size of the room I booked before arrival and being assured that our room was roomy, it was not. We stay in approximately ten guest houses / hotels a year and this is the worst ever. The attic, (yes, attic), which was our room is dangerous. It has no windows and therefore no natural light, save for an attic skylight which would be unreachable in the event of a fire. The stairs are steep and dangerous, without a handrail, have a low ceiling and the treads are too narrow and the carpet loose. In the event of a fire in this place it is difficult to imagine a way out. Our room had a restricted height ceiling and my partner and I banged our heads on the low beams often. Our room, (and parts of the dining room), were really dirty. In places I would say filthy. I have seen building site Portacabins cleaner than this. There was pubic hair in the bath when we arrived. I was told there was ample parking outside. There is not. It is resident permit holders only. I would not stay in this place again full stop.

Although the owner was friendly and very helpful, this does not detract from the fact that I booked this place after assurances from the owner which were false. My partner feels the same way, (see below), and we were so disappointed as we went to Haworth in celebration of her birthday.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrabusSportster

Travelers are raving about these Haworth hotels

middlesbrough
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I find it hard to understand how this place receives so many positive reviews. This is the dirtiest place I have ever stayed in. We were shown up the steep staircase to the attic room. The stairs are dangerous; there is no handrail, the carpet is coming away in places. The stairs are not wide enough for you to place your full foot on the step ( I am a size 6 and I struggled!) The carpet came away whilst I was climbing the stairs and I fell, but luckily it was only the second step up and so I was able to fall backwards on to the wall. The room had low beams in it ( I am 5ft 3 and I banged my head several times) The room was dirty; thr bath had hair in. Overall the whole of the building needs a good clean; may I suggest Kim and Aggie should come in. I would not recommend any one to stay there. On the positive side, the accommodation was situated in a lovely area. The gentlemen was friendly and helpful but then that just isn't enough when you are paying £60 plus for a room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MiddlesbroughBridget
England
Reviewed April 12, 2009

The other reviews of this guest house are all so positive that I wonder quite why our experience didn't live up to expectations. We just didn't take to this place at all. We found it well located, certainly, but the rooms were very dated and tired. We booked two rooms, the one at the top of the house with the steep staircase for our children, and one at the bottom of the staircase for us. The children's room had a bath but the bathroom had a very low ceiling and no warning signs - there were a lot of sore bumped heads. Our room had the smallest en suite we have ever encountered, which got damp and smelly because of the weedy extractor fan. It was almost impossible to move around in it and it took an age to get hot water to the shower, which then came and went as it felt like it. And the towels were very small. The bedroom was very small indeed and while it looked generally clean, it was actually quite dusty and there was mould on the wall above the window. The carpets could have done with a good clean. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh, although I have never tasted such awful orange juice in my life. We were also billed a different rate than we had been quoted on the phone. And the television reception in both rooms was very poor - only two channels were watchable.

On a separate note, we had lunch at the ceramics cafe in the centre of the main street and it was lovely - home cooked delicious food.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank funnyhols
London
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Self and wife looking for good value accommodation for a Bronte-weekend in Haworth. Really very pleased with Aitches. The location could hardly be better and the proprietors were very helpful and informative. Given a discount for the minor inconvenience of moving rooms over the weekend as we had booked late.

A peculiarity is that the cheaper top room has a bath while a more expensive middle floor room - which is a nicer room - only has a shower. You pays your money...

No parking, but parked outside in street over a whole weekend without difficulty.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2008

For a simple guest house, this was a great place to stay and a fantastic find. We were a little concerned initially as we weren't sure if it was a good place for a family (2 adults and 3 children aged 4, 6 and 7) but there was no other suitable accommodation available in Haworth. The location was brilliant - at the top of the "main historic street" in Haworth and less than 2 minutes walk to the Bronte Parsonage and Church. We managed to get parking on the street directly opposite the guest house but if it is not available, there is a large public car park immediately behind the guest house.
We booked two rooms which were clean and well set up. The rooms were around the corner from all other rooms so even though we had to have two separate rooms (which can be difficult travelling as a family with shared bags) we could go between the two rooms without disturbing anyone else and in privacy. The only concern we had was that the second room was in the attic and up a tiny, steep, narrow staircase without a side rail. Our 4 year old had to be closely supervised on the stairs but the room at the top of the staircase was just lovely and quite big. If you have really young children, this room may not be suitable due to the stairs.
The gentleman and his mother who ran the guest house were just lovely - very friendly, accommodating and helpful. Breakfast was excellent - served in a lovely meals room. The rooms were fantastic value and we would highly recommend this guest house. However, if you have young kids who love to run around and are noisy and need space, this may not be the place for you (just out of courtesy to the other guests). We had no problem with our children though and the hosts were more than happy to have children stay.

• Liked — Location and friendly hosts
  • Disliked — Staircase leading to second bedroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Sheffield UK
Reviewed November 30, 2008

We had a lovely weekend in Haworth to celebrate a birthday and recharge our batteries. The Aitches is in a good spot at the top of the main street, and two minutes walk away from the Bronte Parsonage. We had a warm welcome, and the room was clean and well appointed. We liked the extra touch of a glass of sherry and a bowl of sweets. The ensuite was small, but big enough for our needs and everything worked well and there was ample hot water. It was very cold that weekend, and it was lovely to come back to the room and the warmth. There was a very pleasant lounge. David was very helpful and knowledgable about Howarth, but was not intrusive.

The breakfast was very good, with cereal, fruit, juice as well as an excellent cooked breakfast and toast.

There is a well rated restaurant next door, the Weavers. We ate thee and enjoyed the meal particularly the starters, which were delicious, but one main course was bland and a bit disappointing, and we actually had a better main course at the Black Bull pub the next night..

I'd recommend the Aitches, and we'll probably go back

• Liked — The warm welcome, and how comfortable it was
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
#2 of 3 in Stanbury
Park Top House
Park Top House
#7 of 20 in Haworth

Been to Aitches Guest House? Share your experiences!