“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #2 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
lincoinshire
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Is it posh lol (yes) we stayed here for our 12th wedding anniversary we booked at 1pm and arrived at 5pm lovely hosts and very clean, breakfast spot on, wine, chocs and anniversary card left in our room was a lovely touch, Caroline and Adrian make it a warm and welcoming place to stay and are very helpful and knowledgeable about where to go and things to do, worth valley steam railway well worth a visit try to get on the pullman coach food is excellent, the 1st night we ate at the stirrup which was lovely the second night we ate a an Indian takeaway place nice meal but take your own wine. Overall, I would highly recommend this place, and would definitely return if staying in the area again. thankyou Caroline and Adrian for helping to make our anniversary special x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the Tapestry room. We stayed one night for a little romantic night away. Our stay was very welcoming we felt so at home. The beds were very comfy, and the breakfast was excellent which kept us going all day! :o) the whole cottage was very clean and tidy. When showed to our room we were more that satisfied with what we saw. Our on suite was lovely! we also had tea, coffee, biscuits, t.v and the whole room was just perfect. Adrian was very helpful when we asked were was nice to visit on our evening out and gave us loads of info on the area, restaurants and pubs. We highly recomend the cottage and will definatley stay again!! :o) Thankyou!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

As good as all the previous reviews say – great location, spotlessly clean, comfy beds, fantastic bathrooms, excellent breakfast, friendly and helpful hosts. We stayed for 3 nights mid-week in the Rose Tapestry room on top floor, facing the back, which was very quiet. Rooms are not huge, but big enough; bathroom was large and well equipped, with a great shower. Nice touches: hosts and guests chatting and swapping tips at breakfast; Adrian showing us their autographed book from the 1968 TV adaption of The Railway Children (including Jenny Agutter); very helpful advice from hosts to guests with queries on shopping, disabled access, footpaths, etc; the ability to buy jam, biscuits and soft drinks; cake left in our rooms one afternoon; a TV lounge and conservatory for guests, making it more like hotel than a B&B; Caroline’s gesture of offering us coffee and cake [without charge] on our morning of departure after hearing we’d had a stressful phone conversation over family matters. Ideal location for visiting Worth Valley Steam Railway and The Railway Children filming locations. Haworth has some lovely restaurants and cafes, all within easy walking distance – we’d recommend Embers, Stirrup, Cobbles & Clay, Old White Lion & Wharenui.

Room Tip: If you wanta quiet room, go for Rose Tapestry - it's at the back, on top floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in the single "Railway Room". Although the room itself is not large (but didn't feel small either), the bathroom was a very pleasant surprise, containing a large corner bath. The room was very tastefully decorated, but still has nice railway themed touches. Comfortable bed, and the enormous and tasty breakfast kept me going all day. Also, a wider choice at breakfast than you often get in small B&Bs. The owers were friendly and helpful, without being intrusive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We booked 1 night's accomodation via 'LateBookings'.....what a lovely surprise when we arrived, Adrian advised us where to park the car then gave us a full explanation of the guest house and local restaurants, pubs and attractions close by before showing us our room, ' The English Rose' with access from the carpark, this was such a relief as we both had large suitcases! We had a lovely experience visiting the 'Bronte Parsonage' and museum as well as exploring the village of Haworth and superb park.
Our room was warm and cosy with the heating being turned on prior to our arrival, the little details are what makes the difference, our room was well stocked and extremely comfortable, the best by far of the other B&B's we had stayed in during our 'road trip' travels.
Breakfast next morning was delicious and we had a lovely time talking with our fellow guests and our delightful hosts; Caroline & Adrian.
We have no hesitation in our recommendation of this delightful B&B and giving it our top ranking throughout England of 10/10, we were truly sorry that due to our time constraints we could only have 1 night under the roof of Rosebud Cottage which we shall recommend to all and sundry! Hoping to make a return visit of a longer duration in the future.

The 'travelling sisters' from Australia..Sue & Gwen

Room Tip: Lower ground floor, easy access to carpark and street. Twin room very comfortable, quiet and cosy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My 2 nights in the homely Rosebud Cottage was an enjoyment for reasons below:

1. Location: Unlike some other accommodation options in Haworth, RC is located at the bottom of the hills, which I found surprisingly convenient when I arrived, because I didn't have to carry my massive luggage all the way up the steep slope. There is also a bus stand right at the door of RC so when you leave, you can simply pop on the bus to Keighley without all the hassle. Trust me, if you travel alone with a big luggage you won't want to take that slope challenge.

2. Bedroom: I stayed at the Railway Room, which is the only single room option in RC. I'm personally very hygiene conscious, even the slightest dirt or stain would be quite disapproved of by me. Yet, the room was very clean and organised! The beddings were so comfy and fluffy that I struggled to stay awake when I was watching telly in bed at night. The bathtub was another delightful surprise - it's huge. Perhaps just because I'm of a typical Asian built and hence the relative spaciousness. But enjoying a square bathtub at this room price is more than I could demand.

3. Breakfast: Good Lord. It's utterly delicious. "Sumptuous" would be the word to describe the portion of the breakfast. Besides the conventional combination of cereal + big breakfast, RC offers something unique: a. homemade jam (they actually sell them in jars too). b. Fresh Fruit c. Mushroom - not sure whether it's called portobello but it's the freshest kind I have tasted by far. Must-try! d. fish (which I unfortunately didn't get to taste since it wasn't seasonal at that time)

4. Service: Adrian and Caroline - the couple running RC - were a delight to talk to. Adrian was born and raised in Haworth, which made him very resourceful about the village and around. Caroline was an extremely kind and motherly person. One day I ruined my trainers on the moors (sucked into the mud). When she saw that frighteningly-looking pair, she kindly suggested that she dry it on the radiator. The next day when she returned them to me, they looked clean enough for me to put into my luggage. This might not be a huge favor but I found it very thoughtful. :-) Felt like home.

5. Overall: Haworth was lovely and if I am visiting again, RC will certainly be my choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Upavon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This has had some fantastic reviews and I’m afraid I’m going to buck the trend a little. The owners are two of the nicest people you could wish to meet and the breakfast was lovely – not perfect, but very nice. The room was very clean but very small. We were in ‘The Charlotte Rose’ and I think it’s a little over priced (£80 inc breakfast) for its size. I was worried that the recently refurbished walk in shower (lovely) would dampen the en-suite as there is no window and little extraction - drying towels was a bit of a problem. Nothing we couldn't cope with though. Some areas of the B&B are looking a little tired also, which is why I ‘m awarding it 3 and a half stars i.e. ‘good’. Overall, a pleasant stay with lovely people.

Room Tip: The Charlotte Rose is very small.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahBB2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
The Old Registry Haworth
Park Top House
Park Top House
#7 of 20 in Haworth

Been to Rosebud Cottage Guest House? Share your experiences!